What We Offer
Our Graduate Program is a two-year elite program with the following aims:
• Provide you with a unique opportunity to kick off your dream career
• Build solid foundations for your future growth and development
• Give you a chance to contribute to the development and success of the bank
During the two-year program, intensive and comprehensive talent management approach will be adopted to develop your skills and professional expertise:
Structured Training Curriculum
Strong emphasis is put on the value of direct education, with a structured curriculum throughout the two years designed to continuously develop your technical, inter-personal and presentation skills. This will come in the form of classroom training, in-house sharing sessions and e-learning modules.
This will include coaching, multi-source feedback, Mentor-mentee Scheme, buddy system, opportunities to interact with members of senior management and a range of valuable networking opportunities. You will have regular access to Human Resources Business Partners and business leaders for coaching and advice, while constructive feedback will enable you to measure your performance.
We believe that learning through doing is a vital step to develop your expertise. As such, through our program you will take on functional attachments (rotations) before moving into the long-term job placement that will the best correspond to your competencies and personality.
After successful completion of the two-year rotational program, Graduates will be on track for increased responsibilities and career growth opportunities. You will integrate into one specific team in Information Technology which corresponds the best to your profile within the bank.
You will take on two twelve-month rotations amongst the following teams.
IT Infrastructure Department, Global Technical Services – Cloud Infrastructure:
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy. Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services. GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. You will be onboarded in the Cloud & Platform team that operates and maintains our on-premise Cloud Platform and that advises software engineering teams in how to best leverage the Cloud, both Public and Private.
· Support and operate our in-house developed Private Cloud Platform, including incident management and service restoration, and our connectivity to Public Cloud providers
· Monitor and manage the Platform capacity, and provision new hardware if required
· Propose and potentially implement service improvements, and follow up with the relevant Platform development teams
· Accompany our Business Applications development teams in better leveraging the Cloud, and advise them on how to change the architecture, design and operation of their applications
Finance, Risk & Market data Technology:
Finance Risk and Market Data is a regional team with 80 people based in Hong Kong, covering the Asia Pacific region. You will be part of a dynamic regional team, dealing with major stakeholders including Business Lines, Finance/Risks teams. You will be assigned to a feature team, with the following responsibilities:
· Design and implement solutions that address user's local requirements
· Collect and analyze customer requests into detailed stories by interacting with Product Owner /Business Analysts
· Develop code using Software Craftmanship best practices such as behavior/Test driven development, continuous integration/delivery/deployment, legacy refactoring tasks
· Develop code leveraging a diverse technology eco-system and deliver working software across multiple layers of the technology stack
· Participate in testing, deployment and production activities of the team to ensure production stability
· Support and maintain the portfolio of applications
Front Office Technology:
As a Front Office Developer, you will be part of the IT team for market-making and will participate in the full lifecycle of software development (from requirement gathering to the implementation).The team sits in the dealing room and interacts continuously with trading desks.
· Participate into front office applications development
· Study new business requests (gather user requirements, provide clear specifications, etc.)
· Design and implement the required changes
· Frequent (continuous) delivery of high-quality software via Test-Driven Development.
· Communicate and work closely with other members & front office users
We are looking for top-notched university graduates with the following attributes and competencies:
· Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Information System or similar
· Good programming skills with modern development languages (Java/C#/Python…) is required
· Curious, innovative and passionate about technology
· Strong leadership potential and interpersonal skills
· Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
· Self-motivated, mature, and possessing a strong drive for excellence
· Strong teamwork and communication skills
· Excellent command of English
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 2021/07/02
Publication date: 2020/12/16