Summary of the key purposes of the role
Collaborate with Sales, Pricing and Trading on the emtn wrapper solutions during competitive biddings
Deal execution: perform post trade review of documentation on customised and/or strategic trades.
Summary of responsibilities
The VIE will:
- pre trade: assist Sales and Pricing with wrapper solutions from a wide range of perspectives, such as but not limited to: product pay off, Europe-wide product wrapper structures, promotion of cost-effective automated solutions, and Swiss taxes; and
- post trade: review of product profile (pay off and wrapper) contained in a term sheet, obtention of sign off from relevant participants, preparation of related draft final terms and general application of post-trade review processes.
- other: assist team members based in Paris on a wide range of entry-level administrative tasks such as:
- Investigation and remediation of one-off administrative topics
- documenting and detecting behavioural trends underlying various administrative topics
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
- Graduate with a Master degree in Finance or Economics from Business/Engineering school or University
- A previous experience in Investment Banking is required
- You are fluent in both English and French
- You have financial markets and derivatives knowledge
- Analytical and solution driven: we are measured on effective delivery
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and proactive
- Think outside the box
- Effective communication
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Markets division (MARK) of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. MARK offers a cross-asset approach along all its offerings : Research, Investment & Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Prime Services to asset managers, pension funds, companies, private banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and distributors worldwide.
Description of the Business Line
The EMI (Expertise and Management of Issuances) team sits within the Cross Structuring Group and provides emtn wrapper solutions on all asset classes for distribution, private banking, asset management, insurance and pension funds across the whole of Europe.