Primary tasks related to Production Support Analyst role include but are not limited to:
- Provide timely resolution of functional and technical issues and report incidents to the appropriate chain of command. End user community includes FO, MO, Product Controls, and Risk.
- Troubleshoot functional issues in a complex financial environment, with various applications and architecture regionally and/or globally. Multi-tasking environment.
- Provide functional and technical expertise to produce and promote maintainable and quality solutions. Includes documenting system requirements and documentation of support run book.
- Communicate with users regarding application outages.
- Liaise with development teams in Bangalore, New York, and Paris.
- Help configure setup as requested by users and monitor platforms.
- Understand regulatory environment and constraints.
- Perform post-rollout testing of new releases (quality assurance).
- Handle queries and one-off data research requests from users.
- Respond to end users within timeframe dictated by the severity of the problem, and document and track (case histories, issues, and action steps) the response.
- Research technical processes using sources such as error logs and product technical documentation; and identify solutions to resolve problems or improve efficiency.
- Respect internal IT norms, standards, and processes.
- Timely reporting of production and project status to client and IT management.
- Effective and efficient oral and written communication to various audiences at appropriate levels.
- Partner with development teams (NY/Paris) on release management.
- Partner with the Global support teams (Paris/Asia) to ensure quality support to our end users.
- Effectively manage the Client Relationship with the end user community.
- Experience in application support
- Knowledge of Client / Server applications
- Experience working with relational databases.
- From 0 to 2 years of experience as an application support analyst in a financial environment.
- Experience working in a global / international IT financial environment, with a wide range of policies and procedures (FO, MO, Risk and Accounting). Understand and follow the rules of the IT department, mainly change management procedures and new versions. Have recent experience working in a real change management environment and new releases.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate project execution and delivery commitment with other teams under different operational time zones
- Good ability to analyze, solve and monitor problems
- Good organizational and priority skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Technical skills Required:
- 2+ years SQL (SQL Server, Oracle …)
- 2+ years Unix, Linux and Windows server environment
- 2+ years Python
- Knowledge in Programming
- 2+ years DevOps experience
- Bachelor of Computers Science or other related university degree
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) is the third-largest investment bank of the European Economic Area, and it is present in more than 75 countries worldwide. SGCIB's Canadian subsidiary is based in Montreal and has about 100 employees. SGCIB has positioned itself as a leader in interest rate and currency derivatives on the Canadian market.
The SG Montreal Solutions Centre Inc. ('SG MSC') group employs more than 230 people, providing IT solutions and services for operations based in New York, Paris and Asia, among others. SG MSC manages IT infrastructure as well as the development, integration, maintenance and improvement of a wide array of business applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000LCO
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 23/11/2020
Date of publication: 09/10/2020