du01 décembre 2019au01 juin 2021(pour18mois)
ETABLISSEMENT :SOCIETE GENERALE
REMUNERATION MENSUELLE :2212€ (indemnité non contractuelle fixée par décret et arrêté, dont le montant peut varier notamment en
fonction de l’évolution du barème de référence, de la localisation de la mission et des cas d’abattements prévus par les textes)
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. This division oversees the quality and delivery of financial statements for GBIS, the independent certification of financial data for various activities, and also provides day-to-day explanations on profit and loss for market activities.
Description of the Business Line or Department
SGIL Finance (‘DFIN’) department’s aim is to add value to the SGIL entity and its business lines' development, through a transformation of our organisation and operating modes. DFIN provides a key contribution to the SGIL entity value creation, through our activities of strategic advisory, steering, data production and certification. We are engaged in all dimensions of performance evaluation across the entity and provide a transversal and objective vision to support informed decision-making for the management and development of the Group and its business lines.
Some of the many ways we are providing this are in the following:
• Support and challenge all business lines, at every level of the organisation;
• Organise an agile adaptation to strategic and regulatory challenges;
• Ensure the security and reliability of financial information through operational excellence;
• General management, pillars, business lines and corporate functions, regulators, auditors, markets and investors;
• Performance assessed with operational indicators and financial information;
• From strategic analysis to decision-making and execution monitoring;
• Transversal vision of the entity, of all business lines and geographic regions;
• Objectivity and the ability to take the broad view;
• Exemplarity in our management and our daily behaviours;
• Innovation in our operation models and the implementation of digital levers.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
As a commando dedicated to SGIL DFIN for deployment across the functions various teams & dependent upon priority (Accounting, Product Accounting, Regulatory)
1. Support SGIL DFIN team in terms of technical tactical tools development to rapidly design and develop user facing systems based on production team, management or business evolution/enhancement requirements.
2. Deployment of instructions, procedures, projects or tools across the SGIL Finance perimeter providing hands on implementation, rapidly across the teams to support business as usual needs.
3. Streamline, simplify, automate & generally assist Finance BAU & its processes, continuity & business evolution prior to strategic transformation in line with team and management priorities
4. Manage, prioritize tasks and assist in operational risk management and mitigation SGIL DFIN activities
5. Understand the financial rational and benefits behind the automation request to provide an added value or innovation
6. Identify and interact with the appropriate team to be updated with the innovation throughout the bank to bring it within SGIL DFIN
7. Stay up-to-date with latest developments in application coding to propose the implementation within the team
Summary of responsibilities
? Analysing & proposing the most suitable developments considering priorities, delivery time & overall benefit of solution
? Perform localised coding and programming using best development practices for rapid development
? Securitize and stabilize current tools/macros
? Ensure to complete the assigned tasks within allotted priorities & timelines
? Provide to the team technical support with their requests and technical understanding
? Conduct training programs to the team when required
? Maintain positive working relationships with colleagues.
? Manage requests and prioritise with management and the requesting teams
? Code reviews and optimization of existing functionalities and macros
? Develop/Innovate new tactical tools to improve work quality and efficiency
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Computer or Data science .
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application
Accounting qualification or knowledge beneficial but not essential
• Digital technologies & automation, RPA, complex macros, VBA, SQL, JAVA, .NET, Python (machine learning)
• Good knowledge on Banking domain
• Ability to train and work on several IT systems throughout the day
• Strong technical understanding of operating environment (systems & applications)
• Common sense & practical
• High level of communication and close working relationship with team members
• Willingness to train on new products/activities/tools
• Expected to be pro-active and keen to improve processes
• Ability to manage priorities and request work book
• Attention to detail and ownership of the perimeter/assigned responsibilities
• Flexibility and desire to broaden skill set
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.