The candidate will be responsible for performing data analytics functions to assist the Compliance Testing team.
Data analytics activities across assessment, testing and monitoring activities with a focus on automation of testing activities:
· Apply investigative skills and analytical methods to examine data, assess impacts, and present actionable intelligence to support fact-based decisions;
· Employ advanced analytic techniques, such as leveraging visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Click View, etc.), predictive modeling (e.g., SPSS, SAS, neural networks), and geospatial analyses;
· Identify and develop appropriate analytical and robotic tools and applications (e.g., web-based application modules, database reports, user interfaces).
· Support in helping maintain a data repository that has the appropriate tools to support analytic functions;
· Identify and present opportunities for effectively mitigating risk, improving performance, increasing value and reducing costs of Compliance Testing-related activities;
· Assist with building a sustainable data platform for analyzing key metrics and identifying trends.
· General knowledge of applicable regulations relating to Banking, Broker-Dealer and Futures Commission Merchant activity
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
· Exemplary personal ethics and desire to always adhere to rules and regulations
· Ability to work well in a highly diverse team
· Ability to communicate well across all levels of an organization
· Demonstrated history of taking initiative
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
· Excellent research and analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experienced in using advanced automation “robotic” tools such as Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, Pega, etc.
· Understanding of database concepts, including building relationships between tables, grouping data, and producing cohesive analyses;
· Ability to leverage data manipulation and analysis technologies inclusive of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Oracle, DB2, and Share Point tools
· Working Knowledge of any of the following: R, SAS, Python, PMML, STATA, or SPSS
Prior work experience:
· 5-7 years of experience in a Data Analytics role
· 5 -7 years of which are in a large financial services firm;
· 5 -7 years of which are related to Compliance/Risk Management topics out of which 1-2 years of which involve AML and Sanctions.
· B A /B S required (statistics, data analytics, computer science, mathematics, engineering or applied sciences)
· English language is required
Why Join Us
Société Générale is a global financial institution and one of the largest foreign corporate and investment banks. As such, it has a diverse population which fosters opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in different countries as well as access to international mobility. The firm recently unveiled its new brand platform “The Future is You” which not only demonstrates its commitment and responsibility to its clients, but also to its employees as their ideas and actions can make an impact on the direction of the organization.
The Société Générale Americas Compliance Department monitors the corporate banking, investment banking and broker–dealer activities and reports on the compliance risks and issues to Société Générale Americas and Group Compliance Senior Management. The Société Générale Americas Compliance Department also works closely with the Global Compliance Department in Paris to ensure effective implementation of Global Compliance policies. The Société Générale Americas Compliance Department is also responsible for monitoring the handling of sensitive confidential business information through the Compliance Control Room. It administers the Employee Investment Policy, arranges for the registration of broker–dealer personnel, and conducts compliance training. Additionally, the Advisory Team provides guidance and advice on relevant rules and regulations. Finally, the Financial Crime department is responsible for ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering and sanctions regulations.
The Société Générale Americas Compliance Department is expanding its operations in Montreal to support the following divisions: Financial Crime Compliance, Digital Transformation Office, Testing, Monitoring & Risk Assessment and Capital Markets Surveillance. These individuals will assist the team with day-to-day responsibilities on projects and deliverables for the Americas (U.S., Canada and Brazil) region.
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing team provides regular and independent testing and monitoring of key controls and processes related to the management of compliance risk associated with the business activities of Société Générale in the Americas.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000PSP
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 14/02/2020