At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Information Technology division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services.Every day our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Societe Generale's clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well controlled and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise.
Description of the Business Line or Department
Working within the ITEC division of Société Générale Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS), joining as a VIE, you will be responsible for Information System support.
Based in London, you will join the Support team of the Cross Asset Execution tribe (ITEC/MKT/XAE), which manages the service support of its users of the European, Middle-East and Africa branches (3,300 users).
As a permanent, you will support the users of the Investment Banking Division on corporate applications.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
As a Support Analyst in a dynamic environment, you will:
• Support the front-office and middle-office users of the Investment Banking Division on the Cash Equity and Derivatives businesses.
• Use analytical and communication skills to resolve Production incidents.
• Communicate key messages (incident alerts, resolutions and summaries) with stakeholders (front office, management).
Summary of responsibilities
• Support all SG trading applications and deliver to end users an efficient service, answering queries in a timely manner.
• Pro-active monitoring of the production systems.
• Run in depth analysis of issue to take active role on investigation process.
• Ensure the continuity of the business through a strong relationship with all sections of the XAE tribe, the infrastructure teams and the other production support teams.
• Guarantee a high level of service & quality by industrialising processes.
• Make available the knowledge of the local activity by promoting and updating specific documentation.
• Take part in transversal initiatives across ITEC/MKT/XAE.
• Identify improvement axis and lead/propose transformation of existing processes both for the business or our production services activities.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Ideal candidate profile
Graduate with a Master's degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Computer Science/Mathematics
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution.
• Degree level qualification (2.1 or above) in an IT related degree subject.
• Any exposure to the following would be beneficial:
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Londonis to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com .