Control of the economic characteristics of transactions (primary bookings, secondary bookings, modifications and cancellations) based on contractual data and in particular:
· Ensure the consistency of transactional modeling with respect to term sheets
· Control the payoff modeling data in relation to the term sheet
· Perform regular stock review needed in case of specific Asia event or operational incidents occurred in Asia area - Control on some non-contractual data following RISQ delegation procedure
- Follow-up of transversal issues (systems, financial, accounting)
- Participation in projects for the security and reliability of the control system
- Participation in impact analysis as part of the development of new activities, including participation in New Product Committee preparation
- Participation in the production of risk indicators (KRI) or performance indicators (KPI) of the team's activity.
- Contribute to regular error rate governance on Asia scope. Analyze error rate concentration and help identifying root-cause and remediation action plan
- Contribute to automation governance on Asia scope
· Identify regularly automation opportunity (work closely with sales for term sheets format standardization)
· Work with local IT (specification, user test)
· In partnership with IT teams, engage in developments of control tools
· Contribute to EXO-ONE Asia roadmap
· With 2 - 3 years of experiences gained from the Banking industry
· Good knowledge of capital market exotic products with cross asset underlying (Equity, Commodity, FX, Rates)
· Work exposure to middle office functions and knowledge of Front-to-Back process is an advantage
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment and be able to communicate effectively at all levels
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, VBA and Python
· Fluent in English language skills Behavioral Skills:
· Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
· Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
· Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
· Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
· Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
· Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
The successful candidate will join as a Controller on Equity Investment within the Global Business Service Unit (GBSU) in Hong-Kong. Working in close relationships with Front office and all other back office support functions (i.e. Risk management, Finance management, IT departments). You will be responsible for the accuracy of modeling of products to avoid any operational incident and risk, and to ensure proper booking of transactions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 2020/12/01
Publication date: 2020/10/28