At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Finance entity of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. We provide our issuer clients (corporates, financial institutions, public sector) with capital raising solutions, along with structured financing and commodities, forex and interest rate hedging. Developing tailor-made products and providing strategic advice (capital structure advisory, financing schemes and capital markets) based on our worldwide expertise and in-depth sectorial knowledge, we aim to meet their financing needs. We are a top player across euro debt capital markets and won many international accolades over the years as a worldwide leader in export, project and natural resources & energy finance.
Description of the Business Line or Department
GLFI/AFI/EXT delivers financial solutions, risk covers and advisory services related to import or export contracts of which underlying assets are capital goods and/or services, by involving the appropriate SG business lines to set up the solutions to be offered to the client.
GLFI/AFI/EXT is responsible for all business solutions relating to Export Credit Agencies (ECAs) as well as to Multilateral Agencies (MLAs) for A & B loans and guarantees (except for Project financing).
The EXT London mission statement is:
• Origination and execution of financing solutions mainly supported by UK Export Finance (“UKEF”) and other risk mitigants such as PRIs, in favour of overseas buyers/borrowers (lending) and UK-based exporters (Trade Finance);
• Execution of advisory and arranging mandates for Project Finance deals where ECAs are involved together with other business lines of GLFI (mainly NAT and AFI) under the scope of the Project Export Finance group (“PEF”);
• Leading the relationship of certain clients at Export Finance business line level. This includes the origination and execution of ECA/PRI covered financing in support of the client's commercial contracts, in cooperation of others EXT teams;
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Assist EXT London Business Unit members in their mission statement (as described above).
• Assisting EXT London team in following EXT deal portfolio booked in the UK;
• Assisting EXT London in maintaining and developing relationship with UKEF and EXT UK clients portfolio (British and UK-based exporters /sponsors) in cooperation with the corresponding PCRUs;
• Role must be performed in accordance with the compliance rules inherent to the business. It has to be done in compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory rules.
Summary of responsibilities
The role will be to provide general support to EXT London team on all aspects of the teams work, including;
• Deal structuring (including calculations of profitability indicators, Term Sheets, legal documentation...)
• Must ensure when initiating a new transaction that all KYC and compliance rules are applied (KYC approval, conflict of interest, Chinese Wall, SG reputation, AML, embargoes & sanctions...)
• Working with members of the team on credit applications, marketing documents (pitches), internal reporting, marketing plans, internal presentations, KYC, team administration, etc.
• Participating in discussions with other GLFI business lines on ECA solutions and participation in clients meetings;
• Participating in ongoing interactions with different departments of the bank, especially in the UK: GLFI business lines, SYN, OPER, FIND, SAFE , SEGL/JUR, SEGL/CFT ,SEG/FIS, RISQ, ENV);
• Assist in general research on potential projects, general market research and produce ad-hoc reports on specific sectors/markets/matters (including compliance)
• Relay to the digital transformation to ease the understanding of tools and services available;
• Operational and Conduct Risk & Regulatory Responsibilities
a. Ensure compliance with SG UK policy and procedures;
b. Ensure compliance with both EXT and SG London governance;
c. Embody Code of Conduct and behavioural competency;
d. Realise in the specified deadline all the mandatory trainings;
e. In case of doubt for any Compliance issue, refer to the Compliance department copying your N+1;
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Ideal candidate profile
Graduate with a Master's degree from Business School or University in Mathematics/ Finance,
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution.
• Global finance knowledge: understand the basic of structured finance
• International understanding: awareness of developed and emerging markets' constraints and regulations
• Risk awareness culture: credit, operational, reputational and compliance
• Good level of English
• Analytical thinking skills: able to analyse basic financial data and reach reasonable conclusions.
• Written skills: able to write a clear comprehensive memo or e-mail
• Presentation skills: able to make short oral or written presentation
• IT skills: Able to use Microsoft Office tools Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Reporting skills: able to notify management and deal team clearly and in due time
• Organization Skills: help perform all tasks within the deadline and anticipate workload
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.