· Deliver and complete activities and tasks related to assigned Permanent Supervision process with expected quality and timeliness. Monitoring and tracking on Operation Risk control handling additional ad hoc responsibilities i.e., updating SOP's, taking cross trainings, PDP's, completion of controls with in agree timelines etc., etc..
· Work on Permanent Supervision projects and process improvements which will lead to better efficiency of implemented controls.
· Analytical - Ability to analyze data sets for irregularities and fraud indicators; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment & supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
· Collaborates with peers, Lead, Supervisor, stakeholders to implement system/process improvements.
· Performing root cause analyses on identified anomalies to recommend improvements to prevent these events from re-occurring in future.
· Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address reported monthly to Permanent Supervision Committee
· Prepare and maintain monthly Permanent Supervision Dashboards, Quarterly Executive Summary.
· Work with business unit to understand business, concerns, future plans.
· Conduct presentations and workshop sessions on Permanent Supervision topics.
· Ensure continuous improvement in operating procedures to avoid risks.
· Identification of control gaps and deficiencies and development of remediation plans for GPS controls . Track and ensure complete, consistent and timely implementation of recommendations by undertaking a series of (follow-ups) checks and reporting of any relevant issues accordingly
· Follow-up for implementation of controls for key risks within timelines & escalate overdue issues
· Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Being Proactive in resolving cases rather than reactive.
Excellent command of English, solid writing and oral presentation skills
· Self motivator and team player with strong interpersonal skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Power Point
· Strong problem-solving abilities, excellent analytical skills
· Professional experience in Global markets and Operational Risk. Knowledge of national as well as international regulators, regulations, standard and directives ( BASEL, Sarbanes–Oxley Act, FATCA, VFBL etc).
Display team spirit - Ability to work well within a team environment
· Should have stress tolerance
Flexible and adaptable to suit the requirements of the team and organization
Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization
Takes initiative and is accountable
Ability to work independently
· Competent project facilitation skills
· Ability to work effectively with business management
· Ability to think conceptually
· Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
· Ability to contribute to large, complex working groups
· Experience working under tight deadlines with multiple deliverables
· Candidate should be self-motivated
· Good attention to quality and detail to Risk.
Why Join Us
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
MARK-NCG-SAS is in charge of operational and conduct risks for MARK: identification, prevention, definition and implementation of the control framework, etc team also handles the supervision of benchmarks, the implementation of regulations and will contribute to the strengthening of MARK's governance.
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European banking major Societe Generale (SG), Our role and purpose is to enable the strategic vision of Societe Generale Group. We are doing this by pioneering cutting edge innovation from Design Thinking to Smart Automation & Artificial Intelligence, and applying it to banking.
SG Global Solution Centre provides services in the areas of Application Development and Maintenance, Infrastructure Management, Business Process Management, and Knowledge Process Management, to Societe Generale's business lines around the world.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200007YZ
Business unit: SG Global Solution Centre
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 29/05/2020