The Corporate Counsel reports to the Head of Legal, North America. This role will be responsible to ensure the company always operates in compliance with rules and regulations, offers counsel on legal issues related to all aspects of the business, acts as a legal guardian of the organization, and partners with the business to facilitate organizational growth and development. The successful candidate will be able to provide effective guidance for ensuring legal compliance, mitigate risk exposure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Provide expert and strategic legal advice to senior management on all legal based matters across the business
· Anticipate legal issues or potential risks to the business, estimate risks and make appropriate strategic recommendations
· Draft concise agreements that minimize risks
· Keep abreast of legislative changes and proactively makes recommendations for policy changes accordingly to protect the business
· Effectively negotiate with external parties where required on legal based business matters
· Attract, develop, direct, motivate, and drive high performance across direct reports
· J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
· Minimum 1-2 years professional legal experience, including law firm and in-house legal
· Generalist and broad legal knowledge in all relevant areas (e.g. corporate & labor law, litigation, etc.)
· Ability to develop legal strategy and set objectives in line with the business direction and needs
· High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
· Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills in the English language
· Member of a State Bar
· Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Why Choose Sixt?
As a global mobility service provider, SIXT is well-known for over a century of innovative products and customer-orientated services. The company’s success and dynamic growth is based on their employees’ commitment. We champion an energized work culture, development opportunities and growth potential! In addition, we offer a competitive salary and employee benefits.
More about the department
The rapid and profitable growth of SIXT is founded on a solid economy and solid planning. The financial sector makes a significant contribution and provides a broad range of exciting topics: from accounting through planning and coordination tasks for corporate management, risk management and legal, to audit and advisory services for the purpose of internal business process optimisation.
More about the company
SIXT stands for exciting mobility and customer tailored solutions. With nearly $3 billion in revenue and a presence in over 110 countries worldwide, it is no wonder we are a global leader in the car rental industry. In the USA alone, we are experiencing over 30% growth for the last several years, which provides great career opportunities in the future for the right candidates. Founded as a small car rental company in Pullach near Munich, Germany, today at SIXT we unite all our mobility products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (taxi and chauffeur services) all in a single mobility platform ONE, which gives our customers access to a fleet of 270,000 vehicles, the services of 1,500 partners and 1.5 million drivers worldwide. SIXT hires with a focus on service-oriented, entrepreneurial team players, who are excited about interacting with customers and colleagues from all over the world. SIXT is more than just renting cars. We have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit.