Wind Service Technician - Twin Ridges Wind Farm & Patton Wind Farm, Meyersdale, PA
This position will support Twin Ridges Wind Farm 70% of the time and Patton Wind Farm 30%. The Wind farms are approximately 70 miles apart.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 24,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions.
The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure top performance on our wind farms. The ideal candidate has the ability to work a flexible schedule, along with the ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. S/he will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work on complex systems in challenging environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Service and maintenance wind turbines
· Troubleshoot errors on wind turbine
· Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
· Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required, along with the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently and efficiently
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Must have minimum of 6 months experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
· Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
· Flexible travel schedule
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations
· Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
· Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license
· Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
· Hands on work experience as a Wind Technician on a Wind Farm
· Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive industry
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .