Company: SISW - Mentor
Job Title: User Experience Designer – MG – SISW - 203536
Job Location: Huntsville, AL
Job Category: R&D Software Engineering
Mentor a Siemens Company is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. We are looking for a creative User Experience Designer, responsible for bringing the user to the forefront of the product development process. This role requires a strong understanding of user experience best practices and hands on experience with interaction design, visual design and information architecture and user research.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to lead user experience design for a cross functional team developing our Mentor Electronic Board Systems (EBS) portfolio. You will be working across disciplines, organizational and geographical boundaries; to rapidly develop world-class Electronic Design products. Your challenge will be to take powerful and complex engineering concepts and transform them into the captivating and intuitive experiences that modern user expectations demand.
You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment where you will have to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies and standards. The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a user advocate and is passionate about creating products that are intuitive, satisfying, and easy to learn.
The User Experience Designer in Siemens DI SW is responsible for working with the Product Owners and software architects to review existing/proposed complex design concepts and define captivating user experience. ManageUX Design projects, defining UX Strategy and contribute to product roadmaps. Have a strong point of view on Interaction Design, Visual Design, Creative Visualization and Responsive Design.
· Work with a cross functional team using Agile methodology to define user stories and necessary UX deliverables as part of sprint planning with the scrum project team you are assigned
· Turn complex requirements into captivating and intuitive interfaces for the end user
· Be the single point of contact in division to resolve UX design alternatives and issues
· Prepare UX documentation (navigational flows, mock-ups, use cases, task flows prototypes, etc.) to be used by the development team
· Keep up to date with industry developments in UX and HCI
· Evangelize importance of user-centered activities and influence stakeholders to ensure execution
· Develop expertise in Electronic Design Solutions and Terminology over a period of time
· This role will beresponsible for developing a variety of UX deliverables from designing Customer Journeys to Hands-on in UX
· Delivery, like User Research, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Usability Reviews, Expert Reviews, Usability Testing.
· At least 3 - 5 years of experience in defining UX for complex software solutions
· Experience in any of - human computer interaction, human factors engineering, visual design, interaction design, library sciences or other related discipline
· Strong portfolio or work samples demonstrating user-centered design experience in the industry or as part of degree curriculum
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Passionate about producing high-quality and engaging UX deliverables
· Knowledge and proficiency with in industry standard UX software like: Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle
· Proven ability to collaborate effectively across teams and influencing actions in design discussions
· Experience in analyzing current UX solutions andpropose improvements will be a plus
· Experience in using Engineering Design tools is a plus
· Willingness to travel occasionally
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .