· Warwick, United Kingdom
Gas and Power
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We're looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Technical Publications Systems Engineer within our Service Engineering function and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Reporting to the Technical Data Services Manager, the Technical Publications Systems Engineer will validate and manage technical data to facilitate the operations of Siemens customers and the Siemens overhaul network (both internal and external).
It's incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that's why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee's development, whether that's Chartership, training or mentoring .
Feel free to click on this link to see what it's like to work here;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
· In this role you will be the main point of contact and support knowledge for publications specific applications
· You will develop and manage XML based Technical Documentation structures and templates within a Common Source Data Base
· Develop and manage a workflow process tool for technical publication creation and approval
· Publication software deployment, maintenance, configuration control and license management
· Management of team quality systems and processes
Use your skills to move the world forward.
· Degree qualification in a systems/software engineering discipline or equivalent experience of working within a technical data systems support role.
· Experience of the development and administration of web-based data delivery and content management solutions with an in-depth working knowledge of HTML, XML and collaborative data exchange tools such as SharePoint and Product Lifecycle Management.
· An understanding of the development and administration of complex hierarchical product part structures, configuration control and modification change management procedures.
· A practical understanding of Technical Authoring, the production and management technical publications content within a Common Source Data Base (CSDB).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required (English), and the ablity to interact at all levels, demonstrate initiative and be a flexible self-starter.
· Be a great teammate able to work with minimum direction with a wide range of people (both internal and external to Siemens).
· Have customer focus and experience in a customer facing environment with a consistent record of delivering technical solutions and improvements working to processes and procedures.
What we're looking for in this person:
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world's most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension (up to 10% contribution match). Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare, as well as an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 180822
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019