Job ID: 303076
Job Family: Research & Development
Organization: Corporate Technology
Mode of employment: Full time only
For our Corporate Technology (CT) in Beijing, Siemens is looking for a lead research scientist / research scientist of embedded programming at at earliest opportunity.
What are my responsibilities?
You will work in a startup-like environment in the Software Defined Inverter (SDI) technology field of CT REE. The SDI technology field is dedicated to research and development on tomorrow’s power converters using the most advanced technologies especially regarding semiconductors, control and software approaches mainly for PCB-based designs.
Your responsibilities will include:
· To develop new ideas and solutions for SDI’s DSP software framework and to implement them;
· To port and improve our software framework for additional DSP platforms;
· To analyze the control requirements and find solutions to make the control work on given hardware;
· To support the implementation of PWM patterns and inter / intra converter communication;
· To support the control designers with taking our prototypes into operation in the laboratory;
· To support connectivity to higher level controllers in cooperation with our team in Germany;
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Your qualification should include:
· Master degree or above, major in a related knowledge domain;
· Fluency in English;
· Above 2 years of programming experience in C for embedded systems, preferably for power electronics;
· Knowledge of the toolchain (Compiler, Linker, JTAG debugging);
Additional qualifications that would be beneficial:
· Experience with automatic code generation;
· Experience with programmable logic devices (VHDL);
· Experience with GUI programming (Visual C++ and MFC);
· Experience in a research environment;
· German language skills;
We expect you to be proactive, creative and open-minded working in a diverse environment with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
What else do I need to know?
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Corporate Technology (CT) – plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China (CT CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward to receiving your online applicaiton. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
You may find further information on our company at http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn .
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you want know moreSiemensjob opportunities, please be free to log in our career website