Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
What are my Responsibilities?
• Develop complex simulation models for the evaluation and specification of control strategies;
• Idealize and implement the optimization potential during the application and implementation of the system;
• Create, maintain and document simulation models and support for Internal software testing;
• Support in the definition of acceptance tests for systems, internal and external, and in analysis and evaluation of system tests;
• Design, development, and maintenance of documents independently of simulation models and supporting software tools;
• Development, programming and documentation of software modules with a variety of functions and related dependencies;
• Propose algorithms and data structures to solve classic theory problems and have an idea of their computational complexity;
• Solve some non-trivial logic problems that require some thought, among them, simple mathematical statements.
• Try to demonstrate one or two high difficulty mathematical propositions.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineer or similar;
• Experience or Knowledge in Matlab and Simulink is mandatory;
• Experience in Python is an advantage or other high-level programming languages;
• Experience in AutoMod is an advantage;
• Fluent in English;
• Interest in modeling physical systems and construction of the respective mathematical models for simulation and analysis;
• Be able to draw conclusions from the analysis of graphs;
• Be able to formulate hypotheses from data and formulate data from hypotheses;
• Analysis, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
• Dedicated, organized and responsible team player who follows the goals, is able to inspire others for common projects, and is not afraid of challenges;
• Possibility of occasional international trips.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics, Unipessoal Lda
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time