>> THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN ANY MAJOR US CITY <<
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Check out this video of Siemens Smart Infrastructure!
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In this role you will be responsible for executing remote technical service offerings for Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) customers with a strong concentration in supporting Building Automation Systems, associated integrated systems and Navigator (Siemens’ cloud-based energy and data analytics platform) based services. This includes remote system maintenance and preventative maintenance tasks, small project execution, and basic building automation system trouble shooting for a large campus environment. Typical performed functions include configuring the building automation system to send data to Navigator, correcting defects in data collection, investigating and correcting system deficiencies. You will also be responsible for determining corrective action, taking corrective action, and then verifying proper operation after taking corrective action.
· Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts
· Analyzes the building automation system network configuration, determines best means for collecting data, and configures building automation system to send data for Navigator projects
· Addresses issues with building automation system operational performance and deficiencies
· Investigates root causes for faults identified by Navigator, takes corrective action, and verifies the issue has been resolved
· Works independently with minimal supervision
· Remote investigation and resolution of customer building automation system issues
· Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity
· Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly
· Configures and executes specific analytical and performance reporting
· HS diploma or GED equivalent
· Strong knowledge of building automation systems, mechanical systems, and building operations
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to work alone and collaborate within a team environment when needed
· Excellent verbal and written communication and internal/external customer facing skills
· 5% travel required
· Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· 2+ years of experience in building automation system controls and software
· Skilled in system commissioning, validation, and diagnostics
· Associates Degree or 1-2 years vocational technical training or equivalent years of industry or military experience highly preferred
· Integration experience with BACnet, Modbus, 3rd party controls, etc.
· Control vendor experience - Siemens, Tridium, Johnson, Honeywell, etc.
· Experience with Siemens PPCL or another vendor programming
· Specialized skill training / certification may be required
· Competitive salary based on qualifications
· Health, dental, and vision plans with options
· Matching 401(k)
· Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
· Paid parental leave
· Company cell phone and laptop
· Extensive product training and professional career development
· Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
· Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .