Description de l'offre
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
If you are ready for meaningful challenges, have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply to become an incoming candidate with our company. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
Coordinate the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards. Monitor the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing, equipment set-up, or inputs so that production specifications are met and resources are used efficiently. Supervise staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed, and all machines and equipment operated, safely. Train new workers in the organization's operating procedures and standards. Prepare production reports so that performance problems can be identified and resolved. Frequently reports to a Production Manager.
· Utilizes knowledge about the assembly, manufacturing methods, techniques, and processes that are required to ensure products conform to established customer and company quality standards to lead the production team
· Provides assistance to Production Team Leaders as needed to ensure efficiency in all areas of Production
· Plans and builds to the daily production work schedule, ensuring production goals are met on a daily basis
· Troubleshoots daily problems and communicates all non-conforming situations or events to management
· Observes to ensure all line set ups are balanced and operating properly
· Develops, recommends, and implements more efficient processes that will increase productivity while maintaining quality standards
· Ensures new employees have a high level of care during the first few weeks of employment with special emphasis with onboarding
· Coaches and counsels employees who need help improving their job performance
· Promotes a positive work environment Prepares work schedules, assigns work and supports the Distribution Center Manager or Production Manager role.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· Demonstrates good verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate professionally and clearly in English
· Self-motivated individual with a proven ability to work independently or in a team environment; able to make decisions demonstrating good judgment
· Adapts well to changing environment and varying daily tasks
· Possesses strong problem solving skills
· Demonstrates strong organization and time management skills with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, stressful environment
· Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
· Possesses ability to learn various company software programs including SAP
· Knowledge about manufacturing methods, techniques and equipment
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels
· Demonstrates ability to lead and motivate others
· Possesses excellent attention-to-detail
· Must be capable of processing sensitive and confidential information PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 80% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required
· Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common
· No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10-20 lbs. of force (e.g., carrying a laptop, binder, or both) is required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners) WORK ENVIRONMENT
The job is located on the production floor. Could involve extended periods of standing or walking; or sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requires an Associate's Degree in a technical field or three to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably one dealing with custom procedure trays, with at least two of these years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Mack Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify