Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Physics Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Physics Intern, you will be responsible for :
· You will develop a software method that spatially locates hardware such as MR coils inside a PET/MR scanner, and subsequently corrects PET data for attenuation
· You will work with a PET physics and reconstruction research team with an excellent reputation in the world
· You will acquire unique industry experience in Medical Imaging
· You will take part at the knowledge exchange with our R&D team to provide and further develop our products and software solutions
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· You have an engineering or physics background in the field of medical imaging
· You have experience in combined PET/MR imaging and would like to advance the field by innovating and developing new ideas
· You have good computer programming and general PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), with experience in image processing
· You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
· You are team oriented, and have excellent communication and presentation skills in a scientific environment
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Currently enrolled in a Master's or PhD program in physics, engineering, computer science or related disciplines with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
· Programming skills in computer languages such as C, Java, Matlab, or python.
· A good technical understanding of combined PET/MR imaging, including the challenges involved in attenuation correcting PET
Start date: Summer 2020; 4-month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about .
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .