Description de l'offre
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Provides support of existing products, drives Cost Value Engineering efforts, and assists in the development of new mechatronic products. Designs and develops mechanical hardware and devices including controllers, sensors, actuators, enclosures, and accessories. Works with senior engineering personnel, mechanical engineers, lab engineers, technical writer, approvals manager, technicians, and others within the organization to coordinate development of designs. Assembles or directs the assembly of mechanical hardware and systems and other tasks. Use engineering and other software for project management, engineering, development (3D modelling), and report writing. Prepares rough copy of technical documentation to support product designs. Works with outside vendors to optimize design and obtain costing for production quantities and tooling. Assists field employees in trouble shooting product problems in field offices, distributors, or customer locations. May visit suppliers to assist in resolving their production problems. Generates development and product cost, schedule, and mechanical engineering specifications to support design teams. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or another related field with up to 3 years of related experience. Knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly and fabrication for electro-mechanical devices and components. Good written language skills for generating progress reports and engineering specifications. Ability to use personal computers and software tools for design, working knowledge of Siemens PLM NX and TeamCenter is desirable.
What We Ask of You:
· Use 3D modelling software to design new components for mechatronic products.
· Use engineering and other software for project management, engineering, development (mechanical layout, mechanical component details and mechanical illustrations), and report writing.
· Prepares rough copy of technical documentation to support product designs.
· Works with outside vendors to optimize design and obtain costing for production quantities and tooling.
· Assists field employees in trouble shooting product problems in field offices, distributors or customer locations.
· May visit suppliers and customers to assist in resolving their issues.
· Generates development and product cost, schedule and mechanical engineering specifications to support design teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly and fabrication for electro-mechanical devices and components.
· Up to 3 years of relevant experience.
· Good written language skills for generating progress reports and engineering specifications.
· Ability to use personal computers and software tools for design, working knowledge of Siemens PLM / TeamCenter is desirable.
· 5% travel may be required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Up to 3 years of related design experience
· Experience in mechanical laboratory, other hands-on environments desirable
· Competitive salary based on qualifications
· Health, dental, and vision plans with options
· Matching 401(k)
· Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
· Paid parental leave
· Company cell phone and laptop
· Extensive product training and professional career development
· Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .