You will manage the technical expectations of the design to order equipment project among all of the partners involved. This consists of ensuring that the end result of the medium voltage switchgear or motor control center design is in accordance to the contract specifications, functionality requirements, safety requirements and the applicable technical regulations. You'll collaborate with multiple departments to ensure the best possible product.
What can you expect your average day to be like?
· Understanding of customer requirements that have impact in the mechanical configuration of the MV AIS (Medium Voltage Air Insulated Switchgear).
· Confirm that the requirements listed by the Project Engineer and the Customer are included in the agreed scope of supply.
· Review the pre-determined configuration generated during the approval and pre-engineering stages of the project. Identify which mechanical configurations are needed.
· Manage the list of materials and mechanical assemblies needed to fulfill the technical requirements. Build Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality and release the part/assemblies to production.
· Generate “Design To Order” tasks for other members of the team to develop the 3D mechanical configurations that are needed for the project, but missing from the existing design library.
· Execute “Design To Order” tasks from other members of the team for their respective projects, to include the development of new mechanical designs required for a respective project.
· Complete “Product Support” tasks based on identified Non-Conformances and design errors. This will include the update and correction of existing assemblies that have been found defective during assembly or commissioning operations.
· Provide support and feedback as needed to the Siemens MV AIS R&D team based on effectiveness of the design library and market trends where gaps in our technical offer have been identified.
· Understand the rules and logic behind our configuration tools (NX Tools). This includes the troubleshooting of rules and logic errors, as well as the development of new rules and logic as required for new projects. Additionally, you'll correct and fix any identified errors in the rules and logic of our configuration tools (NX Tools) and ERP tools (SAP).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
What you will need to know and have done to be successful?
· BS in Engineering. (Mechanical is preferred.)
· Knowledge of 3D engineering tools (some or all of; Teamcenter, Solid Edge, Solidworks, Unigraphics/NX). NX is preferred
· 2-3 year(s) professional experience in 3D modeling of parts and assemblies. (CHANGE years)
· A willingness to explore new technologies and process improvements.
You'll move to the front of the pack if you have:
· Experience in design/development/configuration/manufacturing of Medium Voltage Switchgear and/or Low Voltage Motor Controllers. (MOVE to required?)
· Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
· Experience with programming languages (visual basic, java)
· Experience with cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .