We at Siemens Mobility have been a leader for seamless, sustainable, reliable and secure transport solutions for more than 160 years. We enable operators to shape today’s and tomorrow’s passenger and freight transportation - with trains, infrastructure, automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems as well as related services. That covers trams, light rail, metro, commuter and regional trains, high-speed and very high-speed trains.
The Project :
Riyadh Metro Project (RMP), which is currently one of the world's largest infrastructure projects being under construction in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Siemens as a part of the BACS consortium which is responsible for the design and build of Lines 1 and 2 of the Riyadh metro networks. These two lines will form part of the six-line metro system that will run for a total length of 176 kilometers across the city and includes 85 stations. BACS scope of work on Lines 1 and 2 encompasses detailed structural, architectural and transit system design together with construction, testing and commissioning works. Our scope also includes the procurement of all products and materials necessary to support project delivery. BACS are fully responsible for the design and integration of the transit systems and the civil infrastructure. Working from the Employers Requirements, the BACS consortium will manufacture, furnish, install, test and commission all components related to both the transit systems and the civil infrastructure.
What are my responsibilities ?
· Plan and execute the maintenance of MV / LV power distribution system which includes following equipment:
· 33KV Rectifier transformers, Inverter transformers, Auxiliary transformers
· 33kV AC and 750V DC switchgear panels and various substation equipment
· 750V DC Traction Rectifier
· HT/LT cables and related terminations
· 750V DC Third Rail System
· Battery & Battery Charges, UPS and Auxiliary Power Supply System
· Power SCADA Equipment
· Good understanding of the safety guidelines for REL equipment and potential hazards of high and low voltage electricity as well as measures of hazard prevention (5 safety rules)
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
· Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering. Or equivalent qualification from reputable University or college
· A minimum of 5-7 years in maintenance of railway power supply traction OR from utility susbtstations / Heavy Engineering industry having relevant experience.
· Sound Knowledge in power supply system installation, testing and maintenance for railway/metro electrical system and current trends in the international field.
· Solid understanding of key safety issues and interface issues with various systems, related to operation and maintenance of metro system.
· Good understanding of Railway/Metro / electrical power distribution systems, transformers and related equipment and their maintenance methodologies.
· Knowledge of CMMS based maintenance management and analyzing CMMS data.
· Very good of English, both the spoken and written
· Advanced computer skills.
· Strong experience in handling large scale projects ideally within Operations and Maintenance services is preferable.
· Experience in using various Microsoft office software
W hat else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply ?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process .
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Saudi Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time