As the world's only integrated Technology Company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Sales Engineer to join our Smart Infrastructure team. Based in our Macquarie Park, Sydney offices, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has enormous market potential. Recent graduates or graduates with a few years of experience are encouraged to apply.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Engage internal and external customers to develop business opportunities for Digital Grid Business Unit.
· Leverage technical solutions to promote Siemens power system Protection, Power Quality and Automation Products.
· Write solution specifications and develop operation philosophies to enforce Siemens position in selling process
· Understand and clarify customer requirements, driving those expectations into Siemens technical concepts and expertise's
· Create market demand for our power system Protection, PQ and Automation Products
· Capable with technical product live presentation
· Provide technical support for customer and partners
· Prepare offers, including cost calculations, and define delivery model
· Create, manage and maintain customers relationships and Sales pipeline
What you will bring:
· Electrical Engineering qualification with specialization in electrical power systems (generation, distribution, transmission grids)
· Experience in design, configuration, testing and commissioning in Electrical Protection Systems (Protection relays and schemes, design philosophy and coordination studies etc.), Substation Control Systems (RTUs, SCADA) and Communication Systems and Protocols (Ethernet, IEC 61850, DNP 3, Modbus, IEC104) is preferred but not essential
· Prior Business Development and Sales experience and experience in leading offer and tender preparations, including cost calculation and T&Cs negotiation is preferred but not essential
· Familiarity with Siemens SIPROTEC and SICAM product families, including operation, tests and design is preferred but not essential
· Valid driver's licence and full work rights in Australia
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time