The successful candidate will work in variety of areas which include financial reporting & analysis, cost/project controlling activities, balance sheet & income statement controlling, forecasting & budgeting activities as well as process improvement development. In addition, the position will be responsible for various ad hoc reporting requests across organizational and geographic boundaries.
Please include the following:
· Main objective of the position and the impact of the role
· Brief description of the primary accountabilities of the role that will drive the future employee's performance objectives
· Brief description of where the position fits in the organization including the title of the direct manager and how that fits into the Business Unit/Division, and (if it's a manager position) the size of the team
· Financial reporting & forecasting
· Financial Statement (Balance Sheet) controlling and analysis
· Cost Center tracking and analysis
· Preparation of management reporting packages on a monthly/quarterly basis
· Prepare & analyze reports from SAP and other databases/tools
· Month End closing involvement incl. JE postings etc.
· Research and responds to data requests in a timely manner
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field of study
· 5-8 years of progressive finance experience
· Excellent communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to technical & non-technical associates, peers and management.
· Understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles
· Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
· Demonstrated ability to work with reporting tools, financial statements and forecasting & budgeting activities.
· Identifies problem areas and can apply advanced techniques to quickly diagnose and deliver solutions
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Ability to conduct various forms of financial analysis (trend, variance)
· Attention to detail, organized and desire for continuous improvement and innovation
· Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
· Flexibility and willingness to domestic / international travel up to 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Master's degree in Finance or related field
· 5+ years of progressive finance experience
· Experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience working within a global team
· Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .