· Norwood, United States of America
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a BCT Operator where you will be responsible for applying insulation materials and tapes to electric motor coils. In this position you will be working on 2nd shift at our Norwood, Ohio facility. In this position you will become a member of the collective bargaining Union upon hire. In addition your training may be conducted on either 1st or 2nd shift.
What are your responsibilities?
· Demonstrated ability to set up and loop coils at 100% of standard per manufacturing methods.
· Demonstrated ability to hot press coils at 100% of standard per manufacturing methods.
· Apply tape and other insulation materials to electric motor coil per specified manufacturing methods
· Efficiently perform all operations necessary to ensure coils conform to all quality standards
· Check dimensions during manufacturing process with measuring equipment
· Visually check and reject or accept coils for material defects per specified quality standards
· Transport coils on carts from staging area to the next workstation
· Use and read measuring devices to check and reject or accept coils for dimensional acceptance
· Machine tape coil to specifications
· Perform all operations relative to testing and repairing coils. Move coils for coil department to stator winding. Contact QA and Engineering concerning coil failure issues. Must be able to work with high voltage.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Must have the physical ability to perform work required such has lifting coils up to 50 lbs
· Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to coils
· Ability to read a tape measure
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services.
Job ID: 182768
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019