· Rural Hall, United States of America
Gas and Power
Can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a coating operator where you willoperate a variety of equipment and complete coating process of product according to manufacturingand customer requirements.
What are you Job Responsibilities as a Coating Operator?
Set up and Operate HVOF and APS coating booths used in the application ofMCrALY and Thermal Barrier Coatings (TBC'S).
Perform inspection of parts, count, surface finish tester, thickness test,conductivity and masking of product.
Apply coatings to components according to customer and manufacturingrequirements.
Load and unload components to fixtures.
Basic understanding of Fanuc and ABB coating system attributes and operation.
Understand of rudiments of maintenance and care of JP 5000, Jet-Kote 3000 and F4spray guns, including basic trouble shooting.
Must be able to perform parts preparation such as masking, grit blasting and shotpeening.
Notify supervision of irregularities or major equipment malfunctions.
Maintain work area in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
What Education/Job Knowledge Requirements do you need in this role?
This position requires a high school education or equivalent.
Requires the ability to read, write,complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions.
Requires the ability toperform math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; also requires thesimple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagram.
What preferred experience do you have?
· Previous Coating experience preferred.
· Job Requirements - 6 Weeks Minimum:
· Perform inspection of parts, count, surface finish tester, thickness test,conductivity and masking of product.
· Load and unload components to fixtures.
· Must be able to perform parts preparation such as masking, grit blasting and shotpeening.
· Notify supervision of irregularities or major equipment malfunctions.
· Inattention, thoughtlessness, or careless operation of equipment or performance of duties maycause lost-time injuries to self or others.
· Employee is responsible for own work only.
· The equipment used (grit blaster, glass beaded machine, HVOF and APS spray gun, coatingbooth, and electric furnace, etc.) should not be damaged under normal use and care.
· Misusemay result in considerable damage to specific parts of equipment.
· Routine maintenance of theequipment is required.
· Moderate physical effort required with bending, stretching, walking, and standing. Gripping andgrasping tools is common, as is the use of mechanical controls such as buttons, knobs, andlevers.
· Some repetitive motion is involved in the execution of job tasks.
· A crane is available forlifting and carrying parts, fixtures, or cutting tools, which may weigh up to 50 pounds or more.
· Constant mental and visual attention required to perform repetitive and variable responsibilities.
· Normal or corrected vision and hearing required.
· Possible contact with coating materials, fumes, and chemicals.
· The employee is required towear full hooded air supply respirator when completing some operations of the job. Alsoexposure to extreme heat when operating furnaces.
· Care should be taken in the operation of equipment and in lifting and moving materials and toolsto avoid accidents that may result in lost time injuries.
· Safety goggles/glasses and safety shoesare required for safety in the production area; ear protection, gloves, full face hooded air supplyrespirator, throwaway coveralls, and aprons are advisable.
· Must successfully complete the Industrial Reading Test with a score of 70% or better.
· Must have successfully completed Shop Math Test with a score of 70% or better.
· Must have successfully completed Measuring Instruments Test with a score of 70% orbetter.
The employee in this position follows established procedures, exercising judgment in selectionof methods or procedures to perform setups, plan, and make decisions based on knowledge ofstandards, policies, and procedures.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 193437
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019