Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 800 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, Test Engineering; the APC (Adaptive Process Control) Configuration Test Engineer is responsible for monitoring and acting on testing results, improving test procedures and protocols, and assists in solving technical issues related to manufacturing as well as transferring new products and processes from R&D to manufacturing, and to executing Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitoring and reporting of manufacturing-testing related data and improvement of data collection procedures.
· Setting and maintaining testing result targets including APC, VADs and RiliBAK.
· Reasoned, rapid response to process, component, or product quality, yield, or throughput issues.
· APC decision making with on-call responsibilities.
· Finished Goods lots and process shift investigations based on testing results.
· Continuous Improvement of manufacturing processes and procedures.
· Assists in troubleshooting card manufacturing equipment, testing, process, and procedural issues to minimize downtime.
· Generation and modification of manufacturing documentation.
· Enforcement of Good Manufacturing Practices.
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
· Reports directly to Sr. Manager, Test Engineering
· Regular interaction with Development and Manufacturing engineers, technicians and operators
· Ability to communicate directly, efficiently and effectively with coworkers and other departments
· Positive, “can do” attitude toward challenging problems
· Ability to communicate priority challenges and focus on priorities provided/determined by Sr. Manager, Test Engineering
· Ability to make decisions without all data and inputs
· Ready to speak up about concerns
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Breadth of required technical understanding: from relevant chemical reactions to the statistical foundations of testing strategies.
· Dynamic “start-up” environment with extremely short decision-making hierarchy and cross-functional interdependence
· Manual dexterity
· Ability to distinguish colours
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
· Bachelor of Science or Engineering or related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal.
· Experience working in a manufacturing company, either in a development or manufacturing role.
· Knowledge of New Product Introduction and Continuous Improvement experience-advantage
· Ability to understand and apply statistical methods related to product or process validation and experimentation, gained through both theory and practice
· Familiarity with manufacturing operations in regulated industries- advantage
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel,) SharePoint, etc.
· Experience with JMP or other statistical software is an asset.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca .
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca .