Description de l'offre
The Software Test Engineer will be a key technology and Testing domain expert with strong test UI and Web Services automation experience, preferably with tools such as Selenium and C#.net. The person will report to the System Test Manager. Working within a Microsoft technology and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) software development environment, the Software Test Engineer will perform test design and validation to ensure that products comply with specifications based on their intended use. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide a great customer experience, and possess excellent troubleshooting skills even when in high-pressure situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To be successful in this position an individual must be able to perform the following tasks at a high level.
· Create and maintain test automation harness for Web UI layer, Web Services, APIs, DB Layer
· Exhibit strong analytical and software test/validation skills with the ability to test beyond the stated requirements and act as an advocate for the customer.
· Experience working closely with development and product teams to communicate problem impact and to understand business requirements.
· Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results for management reports to ensure they are constantly apprised of all aspects of the project(s).
· Adherence to the current implementation of the Software Development Process (SwDP) framework to manage multiple projects and ensure software delivery quality.
· Ability to meet project scope, time, cost and quality objectives by early definition of scope inclusions and exclusions, ongoing scheduling, timely procurement and cost tracking.
To perform the job successfully an individual must demonstrate the following competencies.
· Agile Software Development – Familiarity with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and have the ability to apply lean agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market and quality.
· Communications – Is an excellent communicator with an emphasis on clarity and thoroughness balanced with conciseness, understanding of audience and able to select the appropriate channels.
· Planning and Organization – Manages the planning and execution of System Test efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
· Professionalism – Strong self-motivation; must be able to succeed with minimal supervision. excellent work ethic, dependable and responsible; highly collaborative.
· Quality Management – Encourage quality focus in others; identify and meet “Definitions of Done” and “Acceptance Criteria” contacts.
· Risk Management – Is proficient in risk identification, tracking and mitigation in technical environments.
· Technological Competency – Is a fast learner. Must be able to articulate and champion the benefits of product development and software quality.
· System Test Manager,
· Offer/Product Managers for each vertical,
· Industry Solutions R&D Manager
· Product Testing team in Lake Forest
· Industry Solutions Support Manager
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and competencies listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science is strongly preferred or a related engineering discipline
· 3+ years of experience in the software Testing/QA/Validation domain
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
· At least 1 year experience in the creating automation testing strategy/test plan and automation design document
· At least 2 year experience in standard test methodologies like SDLC , Agile etc.
· At least 1 year experience in scripting with languages like Java, C# etc.
· At least 1 year hands on experience in developing automation test scripts as also in creation of test automation framework, and design using SmartBear's TestComplete.
· Should have good knowledge of BDD, TDD, and automation tool sets and different test process and methodologies.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
· 1-2 years of experience in creating Test Automation framework
· At least 1 - 2 year's experience in the creation of automation testing strategy/test plan and automation design document
· Hands on experience with mySql, Jenkins, and SauceLabs
· 2 year's experience in scripting language
· 2 years hands on experience in creating automation scripts.
This position may require travel to the Schneider-Electric Software offices in Lake Forest, California for training on our Software Development Process and products offerings. Therefore, an individual must be able to travel shortly after joining the organization.
Disclaimer: The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de Schneider Electric
Groupe industriel français fondé en 1838 par les frères Schneider, le groupe Schneider est renommé Schneider Electric en 1999 soulignant ainsi son expertise dans le domaine de l’électricité. Ses activités reparties entre la distribution électrique, l’automatisme et contrôles industriels, l’énergie sécurisée et les automatismes du bâtiment lui ont permis de dégager un chiffre d’affaires de 23,6 milliards d’euros en 2013.
En plus de son siège social situé à Rueil-Malmaison, la direction est répartie sur deux autres pôles, l’un à North Andover aux Etats-Unis, le second à Hong Kong. En 170 ans d’existence, Schneider Electric a su étendre son expertise à l’international et vend ses produits sur quatre marchés principaux : bâtiment, industrie, énergie-infrastructure et résidentiel.
Entreprise innovante et responsable, parmi les principaux clients du groupe se trouve : les infrastructures pétrolières, la Marine, les tableautiers mais aussi les constructeurs de machines et d’équipements. La philosophie du groupe : Make the most of your Energy.