Description de l'offre
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Schneider Electric Solar is a world leader in advanced power electronics, headquartered near Vancouver, Canada. We are a fast-paced, dynamic cross-functional team-based company. Schneider makes a positive difference in the lives of people around the world by combining proven technology with unparalleled market understanding to bring our customers products that enable the delivery of electricity anytime, anywhere.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are currently seeking a Software Release Manager to join the Software and Firmware Engineering team based in our Burnaby, BC location. The Software Release Manager will directly manage the software and firmware release lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases through development, testing, deployment and support for the software/firmware of the product platform across multiple projects.
Responsibilities include implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. As the Software Release Manager, you will work collaboratively with all participants in various software and firmware development projects and support developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This includes improving the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software, firmware and environments. You will be responsible for Change Management related to software and firmware release. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help project management and development teams manage and deploy releases into production and the field.
In this position you must utilize and advance the teams use of release automation and continuous integration tools to support the process of continuous delivery and incorporate a culture of DevOps by automating a task so that it can be done more quickly, reliably, and is repeatable. These automation tools lead to improved deployment frequency, faster time to market, lower failure rate of new releases, and shorten lead time between fixes.
The role calls for a positive, confident, highly motivated person with both strong project management, leadership, and technical skills.
Scheduling and Coordination:
· Schedule the release windows and cycles across multiple teams, locations, projects, and code bases
· Participate in project planning meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
· Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
· Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations
· Coordinate release content and effort based on the feature and issue backlogs
· Schedule releases for engineering, lab, and field/factory release
· Communicate all key release project plans, commitments, and changes including schedule, and scope changes
· Manage scope and schedule for testing releases on various platforms and in various locations
· Coordinates release builds amongst multiple software teams; Owns and executes system-level release builds.
· Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Milestone Reviews
· Bi-Weekly Release Reporting
· Dashboard & KPI of Release Status (features, bugs, testing, schedule, etc.)
· Communicate release details and schedules to the Business, teams, and project managers as required
· Drive the release process through businesses processes such as field deviations and engineering change orders (TDNs and ECOs)
· Continually work towards creating, improving, and documenting release processes
· Ensures the quality and integrity of software releases into a system level test environment and into field deployments
· Must also be familiar with aspects of engineering design, product development (stage-gate process), market requirements and functional specifications
Build and Test Automation:
· Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases
· Undertake and understand impacts of branches and code merges
· Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
· Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Prefer additionally a Bachelor’s degree in Business or an MBA, or PMP designation
· Formal training in project management practices
· 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
· 2-6 years of previous experience as a firmware/software developer
· Expert level working with JIRA for project and issue management
· Agile Software Development as Product Manager (optionally as Scrum Master)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
· Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
· Require a thorough working knowledge of git, gerrit, and Android's repo SCM tools.
· Must be experienced at setting up and working within a Linux OS environment (Ubuntu, etc)
· Experienced at working within and administering a Jenkins build server environment
· Experience with Change management processes and knowledge of integration with business and technical development processes
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
Working Conditions/Environment/Special Requirements
· Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all corporate and regulatory requirements including WCB, Provincial and Federal regulations.
· Availability for 15% domestic and international travel
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de Schneider Electric
Groupe industriel français fondé en 1838 par les frères Schneider, le groupe Schneider est renommé Schneider Electric en 1999 soulignant ainsi son expertise dans le domaine de l’électricité. Ses activités reparties entre la distribution électrique, l’automatisme et contrôles industriels, l’énergie sécurisée et les automatismes du bâtiment lui ont permis de dégager un chiffre d’affaires de 23,6 milliards d’euros en 2013.
En plus de son siège social situé à Rueil-Malmaison, la direction est répartie sur deux autres pôles, l’un à North Andover aux Etats-Unis, le second à Hong Kong. En 170 ans d’existence, Schneider Electric a su étendre son expertise à l’international et vend ses produits sur quatre marchés principaux : bâtiment, industrie, énergie-infrastructure et résidentiel.
Entreprise innovante et responsable, parmi les principaux clients du groupe se trouve : les infrastructures pétrolières, la Marine, les tableautiers mais aussi les constructeurs de machines et d’équipements. La philosophie du groupe : Make the most of your Energy.