Technical Support Engineer Industry
Do you want to work for ‘World's best kept secret?'
Not everyone knows us. And fewer may even see us.
But we are the global specialist in energy management and automation.
We are Schneider Electric.
In everything we do, we make sure that even while you are a sleep, ‘Life is On'.
Schneider Electric is looking for a fulltime engineer (40 hours) (m/f), working on a national role, based in our headquarters in Uccle (Brussels).
Mission, tasks and responsibilities:
Improve Customer Satisfaction by providing a high quality professional Primary Technical Support for Automation & Control Schneider Electric customers.
· You resolve, close or escalate technical customer queries particularly regarding technical information on products, prices, discounts, application information during the pre-sales, sales & after-sales process.
· You take ownership and ensure the customer is satisfied before closing any request.
· You assure a proper resolution for queries related to product replacement, on-site intervention, technical complaints and product quality returns.
· You detect opportunities to serve the customer while addressing customer support requests.
· You coordinate with relevant Quotation, Sales or Marketing contacts for special prices.
It's also important you are willing to:
· Develop skills relating to new products, technologies and applications.
· Communicate to relevant Quality, Sales & Marketing people.
· Liaise between customers, after-sales and marketing regarding product quality returns.
· Identify new business opportunities, define and quote product and equipment from customers' requests.
· You provide first level of technical pre-sales & post-sales support on Industry (Automation & Control) product selection and application information by phone, email and chat e.g. product installation, technical characteristics, technical complaints.
· You are responsible for back-up (Dutch, French or English languages) of tasks performed in the Customer Care Center (technical support, generalist, lead management, etc.).
· You issue quotations in line with customer requests and required standards e.g. cross references, configuration, mix of products in cooperation with local country representatives.
· You do ongoing proactive research and training on new products, technologies and applications.
· You participate in the Customer Care continuous improvement processes by dealing with complaint and knowledge management.
· Education : Technical Support Center Specialist (Industry)
We are looking to hire a Master or Bachelor in Electrical Engineering with experience in a Technical Support, Inside Sales and/or Customer Service environment
· Industrial Engineering Degree with 2-4 years of work experience
· Graduate Degree with 3-5 years of work experience
· Fields of experience:
· Electricity, Electrical Distribution, Energy Management
· Protection, Control and Management of electrical systems
· Automation & Control solutions, Electronics,
· Frequency Drives & Softstarters
· Programmable Logical Controllers (PLC)
· PLC Development Software (STX = structured text, Function blocks = FBD and/or Ladder)
· Visualization systems (HMI)
· Communication protocols (Modbus, Ethernet, etc.)
· Electrical Distribution and Protection (Contactors)
· Fluency required (=speak, read and write)
· Primary > Dutch and French
· Secondary > English
· Technical helpdesk experience, working electrical knowledge and experience on Schneider Electric products is a big plus.
· Excellent interpersonal, communications and time management skills but also being able to work towards individual and team goals and show flexibility to learn quickly.
· Have the capability to understand customer request by using your problem-solving skills and demonstrate an attitude to understand and explain technical information (verbal and written).