Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose? An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
We are looking for a Systems Solution Engineer to design high quality electrical, HVAC, Fire Protection and mechanical services for building services, critical facilities (such as Data Centers and Command Centers) to meet customer's project needs.
At Schneider Electric , we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
What you will do:
· Liaising with customer's project teams, consultants and internal teams to understand the project requirement/scope/needs and promote Schneider Electric's data center and secure power solutions to customer during prescription process.
· Development of Schneider Electric systems or turn-key solution (design and build) which includes both Schneider Electric's products/systems as well as integration of 3 rd party services and systems (interior fit-out works, electrical and mechanical systems, fire protection, etc.)
· Convert the project scope into solution to successfully meet the customer needs as well as create competitive advantage through right design and selection
· Ensure the solution compliance to the local standards, regulation, codes and safety requirements
· Create all required documentation in terms of load/capacity calculations, design calculations, drawings, layouts, specifications, block schematics, solution presentation, solution value proposition, compliance table, etc
· Solution design should ensure the successful project implementation and customer satisfaction
· Provide engineering support to the team during installation in terms of process, tools required, procedures, regulatory compliance, Dos and Don'ts, technical interpretations and support, and ensure quality.
· Work with the Commercial manager to provide the bid management support for solution development and bid proposal preparation.
· Work with procurement and provide the Bid Proposal and Solution framework and Identify and qualify vendors, provide first cut costing.
· Participate in customer meetings to communicate the project proposal status and any roadblocks
· Escalate any roadblocks during proposal creation to internal stakeholders. Provide regular reports on proposal status to Country Solution Manager
· Ensure the compliance to project processes, methodologies and procedures during bid approval.
Customer Care and Quality
· Ensure the successful compliance of solution to project scope by offering high quality solution
· Deliver services to achieve highest customer satisfaction during pre-sales stages
· Escalate any customer issues to Solution Manager and be responsible to ensure its closure
· Identify the improvements needed, document it and communicate to the respective owners and stake holders
· Responsible for identifying and qualifying third party service providers during project solution design
· Monitor and communicate the performance of partners
· Ensure the compliance to Schneider Electric internal processes, methodology and code of conduct by sub-contractors and partners
· Select the partners to achieve higher customer satisfaction
Training and Development
· Update and educate yourself with the current applicable technologies, tools, processes and standards
Ideal candidate profile
Experience and skills we are looking for:
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum 5 years in a relevant engineering capacity of which at least 3 years should be in the mechanical/ Air Conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation design and implementation of critical facilities such as Data Centers or large industrial plants.
· Experience with data center facility implementation or engineering consulting industry preferred.
· Strong background and hands on experience in the construction industry in the areas of mechanical and electrical installation, testing and commissioning.
· Knowledge and experience in ACMV design (specifically in air cooled and water cooled chilled water plant design and operation).
· Knowledge and hands on experience of the below is an advantage:
· Airside system design and installation
· Hydronic system design and installation (piping and pump system)
· Knowledge in monitoring and control principles and application (BAS/BMS, DCIM)
· Strong communication, business management and consulting engagement skills
· Team player and a leader, who can work effectively with customers and colleagues at all levels.
· Some business development and management skills are an advantage.
· Strong engineering & analytical skills.
· Independent and self-driven and work with minimum guidance.
· This position will be based in Singapore and occasional regional travel around Asia may occur as part of the role (
Benefits we offer:
· Global family leave
· Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
· Blue sky Friday
· Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
· On-site gym
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our team!