Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric's IoT & Digital Offer group is growing in the Boston area. We are looking for Senior Product Designer to lead the design of our digital innovation and services globally. Schneider Electric has been recognized by LinkedIn and Randstad as a Top Place to Work, Bloomberg Top Gender Equality Company and recently been identified as a Top 50 Most Sustainable company in the World.
The role of Senior Product Designer is at the core of Schneider Electric's digital transformation, arguably the most solutions to a digital-driven provider of services based on understanding users, data and connectivity.
You'll use your rigorous understanding and practice of UX/UI, user acquisition & retention, and exceptional design aesthetic to lead the design of our emerging digital products.
The mandate of Digital Transformation Group is to support Business Units in creating market-leading digital offers by working closely with product teams. At our core we help the Schneider Electric Business Units accelerate their business and deliver innovation. We drive innovation acceleration through understanding user insights and business needs from ideation to launch. In practice, we bring the capabilities to support BU offer service creation from end to end, including user research, marketing, product design, technology, IT, cloud services, connectivity, data science, and more.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer who is passionate about creating world class products fueled by user centered design as well as leading and mentoring a team of junior designers. You will begin as the first member of Schneider Digital's internal design team and the expectation is that you will help lead the growth of the team.
What do you get to do in this position?
Product Design Responsibilities
· Deliver fully annotated wireframes, user flows/task flows, and prototypes using the Sketch app, Invision, Adobe CC and/or other prototyping tools
· Transform analysis of user needs, business process analysis, information design and layout, workflows and interactions into highly intuitive online solutions
· Produce the best user experience while considering available site data, internal studies, industry best practices, customer research and feedback, and market analysis
· Define a coherent experience across products for our customers
· Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
· Support and influence product planning & prioritization and validate long-term design strategies
· Collaborate closely with Engineering and Development to work through design details during the development of code and translate business and users' goals into elegant, but practical “pixel perfect” designs that deliver on key business and user metrics.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders and Business Design Team to brainstorm new products, features and functionalities that enhance our mobile and web experiences.
· Mentor and develop designers within your own organization.
Ideal candidate profile
This job might be for you if you have:
· 5+ years of experience in an agency or tech/product setting, building digital products/experiences, owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
· 5+ years of experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, or similar and creating wireframes, clickable prototypes, and design specs.
· 3+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Talent for managing multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion; exhibit flexibility and ability to create multiple creative concepts.
· Experience acquiring user data at different stages of the projects including the early stage
· Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it.
· An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: user flows, wireframes, comps, or designs for complex software tools or applications, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.