At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
We are looking for a Primary Technical Support Engineer to be based in our Telford site.
Improve Customer Satisfaction by providing a high quality professional Primary Technical Support to Schneider Electric Customers, particularly regarding technical information on products (in some instances prices and discounts included) or application assistance during the pre-sales & after-sales process.
Take ownership and ensure the customer is satisfied before closing the request. Assure a proper resolution for queries related to product replacement, on-site intervention, technical complaints, product selection, troubleshooting and product quality returns. Create/modify knowledge database and review FAQs. Identify new business opportunities, define and quote products based on customers' requests, coordinating with relevant Quotation, Sales or Marketing contact for special prices. Communicate to relevant sales people.
· Provide 1st level of Technical Support in Pre-sales (Product selection, Application assistance) and Post-sales (Troubleshooting, Installation & Technical Complaints) to SE customers and partners;
· Responsible for answering incoming communications from customers on all channels (e.g. Telephone, E-mail, Chat & Web) and prioritizing customer's support needs;
· Assure proper escalation to the 2nd level support when necessary or to the Service Team to provide on-site support as required;
· Issue quotations in accordance with customer requests and required standards: cross references, configuration, mix of products in cooperation with countries representatives;
· Provide support to customers for product replacement, troubleshooting and technical complaints;
· Complete documentation and follow up on all commitments and customer details;
· Actively create/modify knowledge database, review FAQ's, promote their usage towards the customers (same for video FAQs and Download Centres)
· Collaborate with Marketing on new product launches;
· Provide relevant product and process training to other team members;
· Ongoing proactive research and learning about new products, technologies and applications;
· Liaise between customers, After-Sales and Marketing regarding Product Quality Returns.
· Responsible for back-up of tasks performed in other teams (Technical support, Generalist, Lead Management, etc) when necessary
· Participation in new product development process (Beta testing, technical proof reading and technical support documentation);
· Be able to provide technical answers using documentation such as (User Guide, Programming Manual, Installation Manual etc.)
· Education: Post-Secondary Electrical Qualifications e.g. (City & Guilds/BTEC or HNC) is preferred.
· Experience: Previous experience in Technical Support, Sales and/or Customer Service environment preferred; Previous sales experience would be advantageous
· Language: Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is required, other languages would be beneficial
· Working knowledge of electrical systems is essential.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Excellent problem-solving abilities, aptitude to understand and explain technical information.
· Ability to develop and maintain customer rapport.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP Systems
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Ideal candidate profile