Senior Director, Commercial Training
The Senior Director, Commercial Training reports to the Head, US Business Operations and Sanofi Shared Services and is a member of the US Business Operations leadership team. This person will have responsibility for strategic planning and implementation of world class product training, leadership/management training, and skill-based training for all therapeutic areas, via eLearning, live meetings, virtual training and training courses with a strong patient and science focus.
Key responsibilities include:
· Develop and lead a comprehensive strategy for delivering training across field teams in all US therapeutic areas aligned with company, business unit and brand goals. Ensure transversal leverage in approach, vendors and resources where beneficial to the business.
· Hire, lead, coach and train a full team of commercial trainers to ensure best in class program development and delivery.
· Identify and develop resources and experiences which will reinforce the competencies and enhance capabilities of the field teams including new hire curricula, new product launch planning, selling skills and professional development. This role requires a high level of collaboration with Sales Leadership, Brand teams, Medical, Legal and Compliance as well as Business Operations colleagues.
· Reinforce new ways of working for the Commercial Training team where sales team deliverables are co-created with sales teams, learning champions are leveraged and use of external vendors is optimized
· Manage teams focused on implementation and continuous improvement to:
· Lead proactive assessment of knowledge gaps within field teams; provide oversight and guidance to each product team to address with training initiatives and programs.
· New-Hire initial & advanced training home-study curriculums, live training programs, National/Regional POA Meetings and Field Management Meetings (e.g., disease state, products, competitor products, infusion, reimbursement, and skill/role-based training)
· Leadership Training tools and programs aligned with company core competencies to enhance and further the professional development of people managers and manager candidates
· Assess and identify opportunities to support field teams other than sales teams such as BRMs, FRMs and TLLs
· Determine innovative, efficient and effective ways of delivering training
· Responsible for ensuring all training materials incorporate all appropriate regulatory and legal compliance guidance per the Sanofi Genzyme Product Review Board
· Establish and implement key metrics to track and communicate level of value and impact of training and development initiatives to all stakeholders
· Maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of advances in adult learning education and training technology and methodologies that could be relevant to the business unit and recommend appropriate updates to strategies and tactics as needed.
· Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Work with global teams such as the Learning Council to ensure plans and initiatives are reviewed and assessed to see if there are efficiencies that be achieved
· BA/BS Degree required, preferably in life science or business
· 15 plus years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
· 4 plus years of demonstrated successful personnel management experience and leading national teams
· Experience in specialty pharmaceuticals or biologics
· 25% national travel required
· MBA Product launch experience with alliance or joint venture structure
· Proven communication skills with a well-developed ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Ability to influence, collaborate and interact effectively a senior leadership team and multiple key stakeholders in order to align on objectives and provide consistent training direction
· Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities including budgeting and actual spend against budget is required
· Strong collaboration, organizational and operations skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.