Sanofi Consumer Healthcare US (formerly Chattem) is a leading marketer and manufacturer of a broad portfolio of branded over-the-counter (OTC) healthcare products, in such categories as allergy, upper and lower gastrointestinal, skin care, topical pain care, oral care and other OTC toiletry products. The US CHC portfolio includes well-recognized brands such as: Allegra, Nasacort, Xyzal, Dulcolax, Zantac, Gold Bond, Cortizone-10, Icy Hot, Aspercreme, Rolaids, ACT, Unisom, and Selsun Blue.
The Quality Assurance Technician I provides support for overall compliance related to cGMP regulations in all routine functions performed by the Quality Assurance Technicians including oversight to packaging operations and component and ingredient sampling, inspection, and disposition. The candidate also manages label room inventory and accountability.
· Audit packaging operations including filling, cartoning, and display assembly to assure they are performed in compliance to cGMPs. Assure that the documentation is accurate and approved in a timely manner.
· Inspection, testing, and disposition of packaging components.
· Sampling and subsequent release or reject ingredients.
· Perform verifications of balances, Magna Mikes, Web Tech counting machines as applicable.
· Maintain all roll stock and insert labeling as applicable to cGMPs.
· Inspect contract manufactured finished goods and subassemblies.
· Attend daily QDCI Level 2 meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Strong verbal communication skills with great attention to detail and significant time management skills.
· Experience in Outlook and JDE software.
· Knowledge of SOP procedures applicable to Quality Assurance and Operations.
Terms of Employment
· Candidate will work 2nd shift (2:30p-11:00p).
· Overtime as needed to support needs of the business unit.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.