We are seeking a Principal Research Associate to work as a member of the Bioprocess Analytics team, which is part of Biologics Development, based in Framingham, MA. The candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team to support a strong pipeline of R&D programs within Sanofi during early and late stage process development. The ideal candidate is required to have significant industry experience with analysis and characterization of biologic therapeutic protein products using a variety of analytical methods.
· Provide analytical testing support for R&D projects in the pipeline.
· Thoroughly analyze results and methods, solve analytical problems, troubleshoot assay
· Perform method transfers from other groups and external partners.
· Implement cutting-edge technologies to improve throughput in-process testing and enhance capability of product biological characterization.
· Contribute to documentation and preparation of reports and scientific presentations.
· Prepare technical reports, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) qualification reports, study protocols and reports, and scientific journal publications and presentations.
· Mentor, train/lab supervision of junior team members in analytical methods transfer, implementation, execution and documentation
· Bachelors degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience or Masters degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience
· Industry experience in protein analytics using UPLC/HPLC, CE-SDS, cIEF, BLI, LC/MS, electrophoresis, ELISA-based immunoassays, etc.
· Knowledge of GxPs, ICH/USP guidelines, regulations and procedure
· Experience working with multidisciplinary teams in a matrix environment
· Well-organized, strong scientific curiosity, self-motivated, hard-working and detail-oriented individual able to work successfully in both a team/matrix environment as well as independently.
· Industrial experience working in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company with a sound understanding of protein therapeutic process development.
· Excellent communication skills.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.