Discover your future…
Sanofi R&D works with passion to understand and solve some of the world's most difficult biomedical problems facing patients and their healthcare providers. One of our assets in this quest are Post Doctoral Fellows, who bring an energy and desire to share our passion.
Sanofi's Post Doctoral Fellowships offer a comprehensive training program that provides participants with the opportunity to advance their scientific careers in a leading-edge environment while contributing to Sanofi's effort to bring next generation (transformative) solutions to patient's most urgent medical needs.
Sanofi's Rare and Neurologic Diseases Therapeutic Area based in Framingham, MA is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to investigate the underlying disease biology of tauopathies like Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP). The successful candidate will establish in vitro human glial and neuronal models to identify and validate innovative therapeutic targets for the treatment of PSP.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Establish in vitro cell (astrocytes and neurons) based models of PSP.
· Implementation of multiple state-of-the-art techniques in molecular biology, biochemistry, and microscopy.
· Analyze, interpret, and present experimental results at lab meetings.
· Publish/present findings in peer-reviewed journals/scientific conferences.
· Maintain accurate records of experiments and analyses.
· Maintain lucid and effective communication with manager and other colleagues.
· Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related field, with 0-2 years of postdoctoral training
· Expertise in the establishment, maintenance and analysis of iPSC derived cells
· Previous first-author publication(s) in internationally recognized journal
· Ability to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables in a collaborative environment
· Excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Curiosity and a willingness to work independently
· All candidates must have authorization to work in the United States throughout the duration of the Fellowship. No visa sponsorship will be provided
· Experience studying neurodegenerative disease and/or tau biology
· Experience in high-content imaging of live and/or fixed cells
· Experience studying astrocyte biology
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.