We seek to hire a postdoctoral fellow to study mechanisms of cancer response to immunotherapy by analyzing large scale patient data sets. This 2-year fellowship in the Precision Oncology Bioinformatics group at our Cambridge MA location will use bulk, single cell and spatial data from patients treated with immunotherapy from the literature and pre-competitive consortia such as the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) Immucan ( https://immucan.eu/ ) and OpenTargets ( https://www.opentargets.org/ ) to develop testable hypothesis about the mechanisms of checkpoint resistance in a variety of cancers.
· Develop and execute statistical and machine learning methods to uncover differences between responders and non- responders to immune checkpoint blockade.
· To identify pathways that are actionable as targets for multiple cell types including MDSC, DCs and cytotoxic cells (T and NK) either alone or in combination with existing therapies
· To identify translatable preclinical models that represent relevant disease subtypes for preclinical validation studies
· Collaborate with Sanofi researchers in Oncology Bioinformatics, Genomics, Immuno-Oncology and Translational Sciences to incorporate results to apply results to preclinical and clinical studies
· Communicate results in external scientific presentations and publications
· PhD or equivalent degree in the life or physical sciences (examples: bioinformatics, biostatistics, biology, physics) with 0-3 years of postdoctoral training
· Record of successful publication and external presentations
· Expertise in analyzing high-dimensional biological datasets (examples: RNAseq or other large scale next-generation sequencing data) and deriving testable hypotheses.
· Experience with scientific programming languages (R, Python) and working in cloud-based environments
· All candidates must have permanent US work authorization. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
· Prior experience in cancer genomics or immunology research
· Prior experience analyzing single-cell genomics data
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Prior involvement in successful inter-disciplinary collaborations
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.