As a member of our interdisciplinary Immunology and Inflammation Therapeutic Area in Frankfurt you will be evaluate the relevance of immunometabolism as novel therapeutic strategy for chronic inflammatory diseases. Therefore you will perform a broad metabolic profiling of autoimmune disease models to decipher pathological relevant pathways using RNAseq, Seahorse and flow cytometry. The TA Immunology group in Frankfurt offers an excellent working environment, combining a high level of experience in immunology and autoimmunity with expertise in studying cellular metabolism and mitochondrial function with state-of-the-art techniques. You will be part of a group of passionate scientists, mentored by different experts and closely collaborating within and across departments.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Passionate, self-driven team player with analytical skills and interest to work in a highly interdisciplinary team
· Ph.D with strong background in immunology, rheumatology, or metabolic research
· Broad knowledge in immunology, flow cytometry and standard cell biology techniques (e.g Multiplex)
· Experience in immunometabolism, metabolic signaling, metabolomics and respirometry (e.g. Seahorse)
· RNAseq skills combined with strong interest in bioinformatics
· Experience in in vivo pharmacology (FELASA-B) and primary cell isolation, sorting and culture
· Excellent oral and written English language communication skills, knowledge of German is a plus
· An international working environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize your ideas and innovations within a competent team
· A variety of techniques and opportunities in an interdisciplinary industrial as well as academic research setting to broaden your expertise
· An individual, well-structured training and a scientific mentor who will assist you with your development
· An attractive, market-oriented salary and social benefits aligned with your qualifications
· An opportunity to create your own career path and support of your professional and personal development
The duration of the Postdoc position is 24 months and is based in Frankfurt, Germany.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.