Medical Scientific Liaison, Haem-Oncology - Midlands & North UK
About the Opportunity
You will be part of a patient centric, large, biopharmaceutical company. In this innovative company with a strong pipeline across multiple disease areas, you will strive to support patients on their healthcare journey, identifying solutions through scientific leadership. As an oncology medical team our purpose is to be a valued partner, translating science and clinical data into solutions for patients, the medical community and Sanofi Genzyme. You will play a key role in this through KOL management and engagement and identifying data generation opportunities. You will have the chance to work in an area with high unmet need and really make a difference to the lives of patients with cancer.
About Sanofi Business Unit
Sanofi Genzyme is the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi, dedicated to high quality support of patients with cancer, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis and immune diseases.
It benefits from small pharma attitude and agility alongside the large presence, influence and respect of Sanofi Global. The Oncology Franchise has one of the most exciting pipelines in the organization. You will join a team of high performing individuals who are committed to identifying and providing solutions for patients and healthcare professionals, through delivering on clearly defined objectives, within a friendly and supportive culture.
· Keeping abreast of scientific developments through conference attendance and literature review in oncology and haematology
· Contributing to the scientific and medical community through development of appropriate resources such as skills, presentations, educational materials and consensus statements
· Building meaningful partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
· Working cross functionally to enable patients to access innovative medicines
· Partnering with head office commercial and marketing colleagues to prepare for launch of new drugs and lifecycle management of existing drugs through sharing of scientific information and insights and developing medical strategy which is aligned to overall franchise strategy
· Delivering scientific data and medical education reactively to HCPs
· Locally managing company sponsored or investigator sponsored trails
· Providing ethical leadership within the oncology business unit and Sanofi Genzyme
· Understanding and working within the compliance framework for the pharmaceutical industry
· Provide scientific support and input to training of the wider business
To excel in this role, you will need to have:
· Be educated to a degree level with preference for a higher qualification (MSc or PhD) or pharmacy/medical background
· Have demonstrable experience in an MSL or medical affairs role
· Have excellent communication skills
· Be able to work as part of a team
· Be enthusiastic, motivated, adaptable and innovative
· Have a proactive working style
· Have a strong work ethic
· Have a growth mind set and a desire to develop within role
· Be able to identify where change is required and implement change to improve ways of working
· Knowledge of the NHS
It would be advantageous to have (not essential):
· Oncology/Haematology therapy area experience will be a distinct advantage
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we’re not there to try to solve everybody’s problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we are live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.