Job title: Medical Science Liaison (MSL1)
Reports to: Medical Head Nigeria/Ghana and SSA | China & EM
Function: Medical Affairs
Location: Kenya ( EAH)
Summary of purpose/major responsibilities
The Mission of the MSL Team at Sanofi is to be a trusted scientific partner for external experts’ engagements to accelerate data dissemination and new insights generation by bringing cutting edge scientific exchange today, to accelerate medical innovation tomorrow
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is field-facing role
Engages external stakeholders on medical and scientific information exchange for the therapeutic area discussions using one-on-one interactions, and group settings, and exhibition of excellent scientific and clinical knowledge
• Actively engages with appropriate stakeholders on medical, clinical, epidemiologic, and scientific topics to advance their understanding of the disease by sharing information and answering questions based on approved material within Regulatory guidelines
• Engages with appropriate stakeholders concerning the state of healthcare policies and guidelines as they relate to clinical practices at a local, state, regional, federal, or national level.
• Maps, identifies, profiles, and prioritizes stakeholders in line with the therapeutic area medical plan while looking for opportunities to collaborate to address the HCPs therapeutic goals
• Effectively utilizes the Stakeholder Engagement Model to plan and create territory and individual stakeholder (Key Opinion Leaders, payers, HCP etc..) medical strategy and engagement plans consistent with medical affairs priorities
• Establishes robust, long-term peer relationships with thought leaders and other stakeholder partners
• Attends and follows up on scientific congresses, symposia etc.
• Organizes educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards
• Support speakers training to ensure continued scientific support in the field
Gathers data and generates insights from stakeholder interactions and provides feedback to the organization
• Collect feedback/reactions from multiple data sources and various stakeholders
• Critically and routinely evaluate and discern from the information gained from published studies, and stakeholder interactions key insights that deepen our understanding of the market’s needs and opinions of external stakeholders, contribute to enhancement of Sanofi’s scientific messages, plans, strategy, systems, and product development.
• Partners with internal stakeholders, Commercial Operations, Business Development, Regulatory, etc. to facilitate diligence reviews, medical and safety evaluation, product positioning, lifecycle evidence planning, and compliance needs
• Develops, organizes, and distributes relevant scientific and medical information to internal stakeholders
• Monitors disease epidemiology and provides support including protocol development when needed on various types of studies: long-term surveillance, compliance, Pharmacovigilance, and effectiveness studies
• Identifies data collection opportunities, investigator-initiated studies and suggest clinical trials sites
• 1-3 years of experience in local, regional, and/or global roles
• Experience in working on multi-disciplinary teams and managing significant volume of projects
• Experience of working in the diabetes franchise in pharmaceutical or clinical practice is preferred/desirable
• ability to Actively listens to others and is adept at confidently stating expert opinion while respecting the positions of others - can exert diplomacy while standing firm on a position
• Ability to Utilizes effective, professional communications to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues, flexible in own approach to people and situations
• Ability to Skilfully plans, prioritizes, and executes multiple responsibilities and projects
• Deep understanding and knowledge of local regulations and codes of practice for pharmaceutical industry, in particular as they apply to the non-promotional activities of this role.
• Knowledge of relevant healthcare systems, the evolving medical landscape, regulatory and payer environment, public health and industry trends
• Proficiency in digital tools
• Fluent knowledge of English
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.