· Cloud Database Architects have the primary responsibility of defining and managing a service or set of services and associated technologies across the ITS TECH organization, as well as following the related application portfolio roadmap.
· Participate in developing cross-functional ITS TECH strategy, and lead definition and implementation of high performance application services and solutions such as, service levels, architecture, processes, and best practices.
· Accountable for the performance, quality, security, efficiency, compliance aligned with legal and regulatory constraints, and consistent delivery of their services.
· Work in wide collaboration with all ITS TECH teams involved.
· Ensure that the technology strategy of the ITS TECH organization has been aligned with the short-term and long-term business strategies.
· Act as a bridge with the other ITS TECH systems, standards, and architecture teams.
· Track functionality and technology roadmaps of primary IT vendors and partners in their areas to build the ITS TECH service roadmap.
· Provide inputs to departmental/organizational budgets/plans and/or financial forecasting.
· Facilitate the transfer of knowhow, experiences and good practices within the ITS.
· Support the customers' success and dare to bring new innovative ideas.
· Experience in Agile delivery and strong problem-solving skills.
· Maintain the customers' relationship and be the focal point for technical and architectural matters.
· Ability to deal with different levels within the organizations
· Recognized as a subject matter expert in the area:
· Work as a member in the steering committees for critical business applications, as well as upgrading and migration planning.
· Consulted on application projects that may require complex architecture or driving changes onto the services.
· Provide consulting to customers on business systems' development, and guide others through complex projects and/or assignments.
The Cloud Database Architect should focus on database application services using the market based solutions with the missions explained above. They include database software PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, AWS RDS/Redshift, automation, containarization
and virtualization related services, as well as all current and future market based technology related services to support business applications. The Cloud Database Architect provides guidance in onboarding new database technologies and working with reference architectures
which contain a mix of hybrid cloud, on premise hosting, private and public cloud, and edge computing platforms.
Knowledge And Skills:
· Team management
· Network coordination, leadership skills
· Management of external consultants
· Technical knowledge
· Good knowledge and experience around Infrastructure technologies (Solid knowledge in Cloud database (AWS, Azure, Google), hosting platforms, middleware hosting layers, Containers, …)
· Good knowledge of the features and architectural design of PostgreSQL and MySQL on AWS RDS
· Good knowledge of AWS SCT and DMS services, and other cloud migration tools
· Some experience of application design and development
· Agile methodology
· DevOps framework concept
· IS Architecture
· Some knowledge of Application Software Architecture
· Solid knowledge in Cloud and Application Hosting Architecture
· Compliance mindset:
· Sox, GxP, FDA
· Security management
· Innovation mindset
· Networking and communication skills
· Fluent in English
· Develop roadmap, strategy and implementation plan
· Develop associated budgets (solutions, training, knowledge transfer)
Formal Education And Experience Required:
· Graduate in IS technologies
· 5+ years of experience in database architecture and design
· Proven experience in database design, development and deployment on-prem and cloud
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate a plus
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.