iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide.
Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered.
We are looking for a candidate for a VIE mission of:
Human Resources Associate - VIE Contract (W/M)
Reporting into the Head of HR, the VIE is responsible for providing a customer-focused service, actively working with and supporting the HR Business Partners in the different locations in the UK& Ireland , managing the relationship with an Outsourced Training Administration Provider and working on the HR systems supporting learning, performance and talent.
The Job holder will be a key contact for managers and employees at the Reading office on queries related to people development, talent management and performance management processes.
The individual would have a real interest in People Development and would ideally want to pursue a career in HR. They would also be open minded with an ability to work in a fast changing environment showing a positive “can do” attitude.
Support Human Recourses Business Partners (HRBPs) with day to day operations, training and employee relations
· Attends and organises regular meetings, such as employee Forum Meetings.
· Analyses HR data, generates metrics and follow up as required on performance management, diversity etc.
· Be the training and outplacement contact for Reading; doing the administration, such as booking rooms, point of contact during programmes (e.g. welcome the trainer upon arrival), managing payment processes and budget information.
· Support the outsourced learning provider.
· Updating HR intranet pages.
· Support Employer Branding initiatives.
Support for the Talent management and Performance review processes
· Ensure the process flows and deadlines are met.
· Give training and support to the HRBPs throughout the process, interaction with manager and employees as required.
· Run reports on a regular and ad hoc basis and interpret data in Workday.
· Development and delivery of induction material.
· Support the preparation of and organisation communications around Talent and performance management.
· Focus on continuous Improvement project on current processes and systems.
· Act as a key contact at the Reading site for employees and managers on queries related to development, talent management and performance management processes.
· Manages the Sanofi Development Portal for the UK & Ireland – continuously updating it with relevant information for all employees.
Key Working Relationships
· Internal - Regular, close contact with Head of HR, HRBPs, Employee Experience/service centre, Managers and Employees at the Reading Site, Talent Management team Europe.
· External - Regular contact with Outsourced training sourcing and administration provider, outplacement provider etc.
Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge requirements
· Education: Master's Degree in HR or relevant field (business, psychology).
· Previous administrative or office support experience.
· Previous experience of at least 1 year in HR department.
· Interested in HR reporting, working with systems and analysing HR data.
· Fluent in English.
· Good Communication Skills.
· Able to work cross functionally.
· Customer focused.
· Good Time Keeping – able to prioritise.
· Advanced skills in excel.
· Attention to detail.
· Systems aptitude.
· Act for change.
· Cooperate transversally.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.