The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the North America Chief Scientific Officer/Global Research Therapeutic Area Head of Immunology & Inflammation and team. Working closely with the global executive leadership administrative team, the Executive Assistant will ensure efficient organization of travel, expenses, meetings and access to equipment and documentation.
This position provides administrative and technical support to the Executive Office and senior leadership team. This role requires a high level of administrative skill and technical competence as the organization is complex, global and has many internal and external senior partners. Strong oral and written communication skills, flexibility and the ability to manage and anticipate multiple tasks of equal/varying priorities is essential. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to booking and managing national and international travel, expense reporting, organizing meetings, conferences, interacting with various stakeholders including scientific and medical key opinion leaders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prioritizes and executes tasks with minimal direction or supervision. Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times.
· Manages multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
· Pro-actively assists in managing domestic and global meeting logistics and arranges domestic and international travel with both internal and external parties, ensures efficient processing of expenses.
· Provides a positive presence, answers email and telephone calls in an efficient, timely and thoughtful manner. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communication.
· Interfaces professionally with staff and senior level executives, external partners and consultants. Ensures smooth and efficient flow of day-to-day operations.
· Takes initiative and independently manages special/administrative projects in dynamic fast paced environment.
· Ability to focus on, communicate efficiently and manage successfully changing priorities dictated by a fast paced and complex internal and external environment
· Compiles and prepares information for presentations using MS Office software, including but not limited to, correspondence, reports, tables & analyses, presentations, scientific manuscripts.
· Keeps CV and list of publications, patents up to date.
· Manages equipment orders and follow up of budget.
· Supports recruitment activities and departures and maintain up to date mailing list.
· Responds to various inquiries for information according to general guidelines. Strong written and oral communications necessary.
· Manages all communications professionally as requested, including telephone calls, meeting planning, email messages.
· Arranges visitors' venue.
· Schedules meetings/reserve conference room (including TC/ADOBE/VTC/SKYPE)
High School Diploma or GED and 5+ year's administrative experience
Proficiency in using computer technology including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and others)
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred or Secretarial Certificate
Experience with SharePoint content administration
Experience supporting senior-level business leaders in a pharma or biotech environment
Familiarity with pharma industry and R&D organization in particular
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in matrix global environment.
High ethical standards, tact for high-profile internal and external relations, maintenance of confidentiality.
Flexibility with time, working across multiple time zones.
Ability to speak French.
Keen sense of confidentiality and judgment
Proactively communicates timetables for completion of tasks
Attention to detail and good negotiation skills
Ability to navigate organization with minimal direction, in support of completing tasks
Ability to multi-task, exercise judgment, make decisions, and take action to complete assignments in a fast-paced, changing work environment
Flexibility and demonstrated ability to accommodate constantly changing environment
Organized and committed, with consistent follow through
Strong initiative, tact, communication and interpersonal skills a must.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.