Credit Controller Benelux
About the Opportunity
The Credit Controller is responsible for ensuring the lowest possible level of outstanding amounts and keeping risks at a minimum for Genzyme Europe BV and Sanofi Netherlands BV. This is a position for 6 months.
About Sanofi Genzyme
Sanofi Genzyme is the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi, focused on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology and rare blood disorders. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world.
Our ambition is to be the industry leader in specialty care. We currently provide more than 20 treatments to patients globally, with many potential new therapies being studied in clinical trials and in Sanofi laboratories.
· Responsible for the monthly administration and control of payment rules/agreements with customers
· In Cooperation with Accounting Manager NL, support and advise CSE/controllers regarding revenue recognition and customer data
· First approver to release ‘on hold’ orders
· Review credit limits and distribution agreements
· Inform Customer Service about prepayments (so that goods can be delivered)
· Check the details of newly added customers and changes in the customer data file (added by Customer Service)
· Signaling potential arrears in payment and taking necessary actions
· Runs a DSO (Days Outstanding) list and takes necessary actions (i.e. contacting the Dutch and other customers about the outstanding amounts or contacting the regional managers to provide information on the outstanding amounts of the other customers)
· Periodically checks the credit worthiness of the customers
· Signals deviations in payment behavior
· Runs the credit limit review report for all customers (quarterly)
Audit & SOX
· Maintains an internal control environment consistent with SOX requirements and internal policies and procedures.
· Reviews and evaluates in order to ensure optimal efficiency
· Contact person for internal and external audits regarding AR/sales issues
· Reviews and evaluates policies and procedures in order to ensure optimal efficiency for AR and is responsible for SOX
· Undertakes the necessary SOX controls
· Assist with the month-end closing of the general ledgers and the closing of the AR sub-ledger
· Contact person during month-end for AR matters/distribution fee matters
· Performs AR reconciliations, balancing and reports
· Prepares the aging list
· Prepares ad hoc reports
· Active participant in Credit Management related projects
· Active participant in (ad hoc) projects
· Actively involved in process improvements
Support & Advise
· Supports relevant colleagues on Credit Management issues
· MBO/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar subject
· Approximately 3-5 years of relevant working experience in Credit Management
· Knowledge of MS Office systems
· Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
· Analytical skills and attention to detail, including the ability to notice deviations
· Customer focused
· Punctual with the ability to indicate own boundaries
· Innovative, independent and flexible
What Sanofi can offer you
· A generous package including flexible benefits
· A healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we’re not there to try to solve everybody’s problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.