Description de l'offre
To perform core trademark (TM) activities with minimal supervision. TM includes trademarks, copyrights, domain names, and trade dress and design – including prosecution, litigation and counseling. To interact independently on a regular basis with the business with respect to advice on TM and related activities. To role-model best practices and change management within the TM Department. To undertake difficult tasks with optimism, openness, resilience, and resolve.
Including but not limited to:
• Contributes to global performance and continuous improvement of TM Department.
• Role-models optimistic engagement of difficult tasks, for example clearing and registering hard to obtain marks.
• Prioritizes customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same
• Identifies risks and ways to contain and overcome them in cooperation with the business and Trademark Head.
• Shapes, adapts to, endorses, and champions changes within the TM Department.
• Supports Head of Trademarks or performs with minimum supervision all regular aspects of the assigned TM matters, and represents the company before Trademark Authorities when necessary.
• Strives for simplicity when counselling the business on a board ranges of related topics, including licensing, acquisitions, divestments, regulatory matters.
• Supports Head of Trademarks in TM litigation with resolve and will to win according to the agreed process.
• Acts as valued strategic partner to the business to devise and execute successful trademark strategies.
• Contributes to the development of TM policies and procedures and champions their implementation.
• Continuously develops personal and professional skills. Integrity and Compliance
• Works within Integrity and Compliance policies and counsels those around him/her do the same.
• Works to foster a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Legal Counsel, Trademarks & IP
Juris Doctor degree
The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
3 Years of Relevant Experience
•3 years leading people and/or projects within a law firm, government or health authority, or within another healthcare industry environment.
•2+ years relevant trademark experience, including: hands on experience with all aspects of trademark practice before USPTO; trademark search and clearance; TTAB practice; UDRP proceedings and domain name portfolio management.
•Working knowledge of trademark practice within European Union, China, and other major markets.
•1-2 years of experience with medical device trademarks
•1-2 years of experience addressing gray market
•Record of success in resolving trademark disputes
Fort Worth, TX
Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance
Alcon Research, Ltd.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.