A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
Novartis is actively seeking a Solutions Design Expert, Big Data & Analytics to join our Novartis IT Team in East Hanover, New Jersey.
The Solutions Design Expert designs and deploys IT solutions, based on functional specifications, while meeting quality and performance requirements and technical constraints using Big Data and Advanced Analytics technologies.
Supports deployment of IT solutions across multiple countries and/or functions.
• Designs, governs and deploys Big Data and Advanced Analytics applications at Novartis
• Implements Novartis-wide strategy and system architecture for Big Data, Advanced Analytics systems
• Drives and innovative effective Advanced Analytics Solutions in alignment of Novartis investments.
• Leads, advises and “safeguards” solutions and initiatives across Novartis divisions.
• Acts as single point of accountability for IT needs in the area of advanced analytics, visualizations & reporting related to different areas for business customers across geographical boundaries.
• Delivers on Projects and represents a portfolio of IT Services with medium to high impact and risk to the business and monitors progress and performance
• Develops roadmaps working closely with the business enablement function and the business and communicate to all relevant stakeholders.
• Perform solution design, efforts for projects by compiling the required resources and assigning responsibilities according to a defined time schedule.
• Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of solutions.
• Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed, formally documented and signed off by business.
• Ensure that all release and deployment packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified and backed out (if required).
• Ensure that release delivers the expected outcomes and value for the customers.
• Support hiring and training of new team members.
• Provide excellent subject matter expertise and develops an environment, which fosters innovation.
• Act as trusted advisor driving decisions, priorities and relevant project information aligning with appropriate levels of staff regarding business needs, projects and initiatives.
• Manage, coaches and oversees external resources in line with their targets, roles and responsibilities and the Novartis values & behaviors.
Solutions Design Expert, Big Data and Advanced Analytics