927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks. And where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Novartis is actively seeking a Solution Design Expert, Big Data and Advanced Analytics o join our team in East Hanover, New Jersey.
Position Purpose :
Design and deploy IT solutions, based on functional specifications, while meeting quality and performance requirements and technical constraints using Big Data and Advanced Analytics technologies.
Support deployment of IT solutions across multiple countries and/or functions.
• Design, govern and deploy Big Data and Advanced Analytics applications at Novartis.
• Implement Novartis-wide strategy and system architecture for Big Data, Advanced Analytics systems
•Drive innovative and effective Advanced Analytics Solutions in alignment of Novartis investments.
Leads, advises and “safeguards” solutions and initiatives across Novartis divisions.
-Acts as single point of accountability for IT needs in the area of advanced analytics, visualizations & reporting related to different areas for business customers across geographical boundaries.
- Delivers on Projects and represents a portfolio of IT Services with medium to high impact and risk to the business and monitors progress and performance
- Develops roadmaps working closely with the business enablement function and the business and communicate to all relevant stakeholders
- Perform solution design, efforts for projects by compiling the required resources and assigning responsibilities according to a defined time schedule
- Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of solutions
- Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation
- Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed, formally documented and signed off by business
- Ensure that all release and deployment packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified and backed out (if required).
Ensure that release delivers the expected outcomes and value for the customers
- Support hiring and training of new team members
-Provide excellent subject matter expertise and develops an environment, which fosters innovation
- Act as trusted advisor driving decisions, priorities and relevant project information aligning with appropriate levels of staff regarding business needs, projects and initiatives
- Manage, coaches and oversees external resources in line with their targets, roles and responsibilities and the Novartis values & behaviors
Solution Design Expert, Big Data and Advanced Analytics