Description de l'offre
The Protein Design and Function Group is looking for a highly motivated and versatile candidate for a Scientific Associate II position to support discovery proteomic and biotherapeutic characterization efforts by mass spectrometry.
Experience in the field of protein/peptide analysis and quantitation using mass spectrometric techniques and familiarity with associated biochemical techniques (SDS-PAGE, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, FACS, protein labeling, tissue culture, etc.) is required.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to grow into new fields by adoption of new techniques, and the ability to work independently and accurately on several concurrent projects in a highly dynamic environment. Applicants should have good organizational, team and communication skills, and should be able to critically and objectively interpret results and scientific information.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Operation and maintenance of liquid chromatography mass spectrometers and associated equipment in support of discovery programs
• Mammalian cell culture
• Application of common proteomic workflows and sample preparation methods including quantitative isotopic labeling strategies (i.e, SILAC, TMT)
• Data reduction and analysis using equipment vendor and 3rd party software
• Preparation of reports summarizing results and interpretations
Scientific Associate - Protein Design and Function
Education: B.S. or M.S. equivalent in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, biology or related field, plus minimum of two years relevant experience.
• Hands on experience using liquid chromatography mass spectrometry techniques to identify and quantitate proteins and peptides from complex matrices
• Experience with cell culture, protein expression and purification, as well as standard biochemistry lab techniques and practices
• Additional experience with protein/peptide chemical labeling and/or other biophysical characterization techniques is considered a plus
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize results independently
San Diego, CA
Research & Development
Novartis Inst for Fun Gen inc
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.