Ensure accuracy of storeroom inventory receipts, courteous, professional service to our internal/external customers, and prompt resolution of issues. Adherence to all company safety policies and precautions while performing assigned tasks, and at all times, when on the premises. This position reports directly to the maintenance manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Receiving parts into computerized maintenance management software as described in training documents. Issuing parts to work orders from computerized maintenance management software. Working the order counter to serve our internal customers.
· Monitor inventory levels, run MRP, perform cycle counts, and add parts to computerized maintenance management software as needed.
· Use of email communications proficiently and effectively
· Navigate the internet to locate storeroom inventory
· Communicate with all levels of MRO parts distribution
· Knowledge and skill to generate reports and move throughout the computerized maintenance management system proficiently- SAP operating system
· Report all EH&S incidents - Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aids, Environmental and Property/Equipment damage
· Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities
· Conduct required SMAT Audits and Near Miss reporting in accordance with plant goals and objectives
· Participate in Incident and Near Miss investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions
· Participate in the development, understanding and review of all position JSAs/SOPs
· Understanding of technical terms for all parts used on the manufacturing floor and to assure complete understanding of what is considered to be "proper operating condition" for tools and parts issued from storeroom.
· Complete understanding of the function relative to outgoing goods shipment.
· Ability to discern what is sensitive information when it is received, and how to handle it.
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree preferred with at least 3 to 5 years' experience in an industrial manufacturing environment with a working knowledge and understanding in the areas of maintenance tools and parts. Two years or more of college preferred.
· Some supervisory experience preferred to be able to direct/supervise contractors and fill in for the Maintenance Supervisor
· Experience with WCM tools such as 5S in order to drive improvement projects in the storeroom and Maintenance department
· Ability to learn new computerized systems i.e. spare finders, SAP so that they can set up new spare parts. Add parts to functional locations and BOMs
· Experience with AutoCAD so that this person can update a 2 dimensional drawing.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.