Manage capital projects in the range of up to $2 - million for the Insulation Group. This individual must possess the technical skills necessary to develop a scope of work for the project and administrative skills required to monitor and control the project’s cost and schedule. This individual must take the appropriate steps to ensure that the project’s performance objectives are achieved and that the project is completed on time, and within budget. This is accomplished through management of a project team consisting of co-wokers, central engineering, product development, consultants and contractors. Prior project management experience is a must. IG’s substantial investment in these projects is long term and can have significant influence on the group performance.
Additionally, this individual would provide engineering support to other capital projects and technical expertise for plant support and new technologies.
· Provide manufacturing plant all mechanical engineering requirements of design, research, and analysis.
· Manage construction and modification projects.
· Conduct bid meetings and prepare appropriation requests.
· Participate in the plant's safety program by submitting monthly safety audits and providing support in addressing safety MROs.
· This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· A Professional Engineer license is desirable.
· Experience with machine design utilizing AutoCad drafting tools is required.
· Ability to perform structural load calculations, conduct process system analysis, and knowledge of environmental, health, and safety standards is required.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.